Event Manager, External Speaker and Production
Responsible for sourcing, recruiting and managing external speakers across all Symposia and Summit portfolios.
• A pivotal role working closely with the Program Managers, Global Product Champions and Operations leads to source, secure and manage external speakers and their production requirements for Symposia and Summit portfolios.
• Main point of contact for the external speakers from a logistical standpoint. Provide event details to speakers. At times, work with travel agency to book travel arrangements for speakers.
• Manage the planning and execution of various speaker related logistics. Oversee, coordinate and work with team members, procurement, internal parties and external vendors to make certain that all contracted services are provided and executed successfully. Collaborate with conference managers, event planners and content planners as needed on speaker deliverables and execution onsite
• Ensure all required speaker engagements are contracted including keynotes, presentation, workshops, roundtables, and adhoc activities such as client dinners, book signings or special requests/ post event trip reports from business partners such as Executive Programs, M3E where applicable.
• Ensure all required permissions are known to leverage recorded content, pictures or the speaker presentation material, permission is granted and signed by the speaker and the status is communicated to all internal stakeholders. Including Events on Demand and any broadcast requests.
• Marketing and PR: work closely with program and marketing teams in the preparation of all conference related materials including speaker bios, session descriptions, pictures etc., in addition to post-event activities e.g.: Trip Reports.
• Develop and maintain a speaker database that others can use as a tool to review external speakers from a core, content, event relevance and audience perspective. This is to be developed in conjunction with the program management team.
• Develop a dashboard of scores, data and verbatim comments for keynotes for the last 5 years. Develop fact based research and mapping to the overall event content score.
• Work with the Program Management team to ensure an appropriate briefing document and pre-event phone call takes place with the PM, Chairman and yourself. Clearly articulate the event theme, audience demographics, program architecture, room environment (stage, AV spec, seating layout etc.) and what is expected from the keynote speaker. Ensure the PM, chairman and speaker discuss the content direction so it aligns to the overall event theme messaging and objectives.
• Provide onsite support for speakers as well as support for the operations teams in various event roles.
• Reconcile general ledger and work with the conference managers to ensure all external speaker expenses are reconciled and forecasted monthly; work to meet financial objectives to deliver on time and on budget.
• Communicate expense guidelines to speakers and ensure compliance
• Focus on understanding the key themes of the event to proactively put forth speaker recommendations
• Measure content results across the business in order to ensure client feedback is the highest priority in enhancements
• Evaluate new trends and processes within the business
• Work to develop your skills to understand the production requirements of our events programs.
• Flawless client experience
• Achievement of financial objectives
• Engagement and effective management of speakers
• Exceptional operational efficiency
• Flawless execution with high client satisfaction scores and strong client retention
• Effective at building and maintaining relationships with internal and external clients. Partner with 3rd party suppliers, external speaker agencies, Legal and Procurement
• Bachelors degree with focus on events and/or marketing preferred
• 3-4 years of business meeting planning experience
• Project and budget management experience and expertise
• Exceptional customer service skills. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal that will provide the ability to communicate effectively with clients at all levels.
• Must be self-motivated self-starter, articulate, and creative and possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and an ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. Effective collaboration with colleagues around the world.
• Proactive and professional
• Ability to travel.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a quick changing environment
• Understanding and appreciation of technology.
Apply for Event Manager, External Speaker and Production
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly