Role: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Manager will work collaboratively with staff and organizational leadership to develop and implement communication strategies to broaden the impact of Greenwich Land Trust’s programs and events, promote organizational mission and oversee overall messaging and constituent services.
- Collaborate with GLT staff to develop and implement a strategic communications plan to support the organization's mission, goals and objectives.
- Maintain organizational style guide across all platforms. Ensure accurate and consistent brand messaging on all communication.
- Act as general press contact, and promote GLT programs, events, and accomplishments through press releases.
- Manage all aspects of website; update events, media, land acquisitions, etc.
- Manage social media in relation to communication and development strategies.
- Draft and disseminate the organization’s communications materials to contacts including newsletters, websites press releases, postcards, social media, surveys and special publications.
- Coordinate with Development Manager to update email distribution lists for new members and volunteers.
- Manage layout and content of publications including monthly e-newsletter and annual hard-copy newsletter and annual report.
- Assist with program and event preparation and execution as needed.
- Take photos as necessary to support communications and events materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in marketing, communications, public relations, science, or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent written, presentation, oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience writing about agriculture, science, conservation, the environment and/or other related topics helpful
- Ability to manage projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Experience with social media strategy
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the organization
- Experience working in a flexible environment of a small organization
- Friendly, patient, and mature attitude with exceptional people skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently.
- Superior proofreading and editing skills, including familiarity with Associated Press Stylebook
- Strong understanding of social media platforms including Google AdWords, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications required; proficiency in basic web applications/platforms (e.g. Constant Contact, Wordpress) a definite plus
- Keen sense of judgment regarding organization and presentation of content for a variety of audiences
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines, and a willingness to help the team get its work accomplished
- Proactive approach to work and willingness to take initiative
- Interest in Greenwich Land Trust’s mission
Compensation: $26,000 - $30,000 depending on experience; 24 hours per week.
Please forward your resume with cover letter and at least two references to:
Greenwich Land Trust
370 Round Hill Road
Greenwich, CT 06807
Apply for Communications Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly