The Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce, a membership-based organization which provides unrivaled partner services and leads regional economic growth through bold and effective advocacy, seeks a strategic and visionary President to lead its economic development, legislative advocacy and membership support operations. This highly motivated, inspirational and innovative leader will provide strategic guidance and outstanding operational execution through collaboration with members, directors, community and political leaders and staff to advance the goals of members, affiliates and partner organizations. The ideal will develop and execute programs and initiatives related to economic development, workforce needs, political advocacy and membership priorities to drive regional economic and quality of life goals. The President also provides leadership to the Regional Leadership Council and the Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce Foundation, and will serve as the Chamber’s representative at the local, regional and state level.
Preferred skills, attributes and experience include:
- Comprehensive understanding of economic development, political advocacy and related civic and business ecosystems, including: entrepreneurship; business development, operations and retention; media relations and marketing; infrastructure; political and regulatory environment; legislative mandates and fiscal issues.
- Significant operational management experience, encompassing staff oversight, financial and administrative management, volunteer engagement and member relations.
- Ability to leverage analysis, creativity and personal charisma to develop and drive new initiatives through collaboration with both new and current supporters.
- Experience with public or private Board of Directors as well as building productive public/private partnerships, with track record of success.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible, related experience in business, economic development or government.
- Strong relationship- and consensus-building skills, including experience navigating complex environments with multiple constituencies; knowledge of the greater New Haven region’s business community, economic development and legislative/public policy priorities is a plus.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills, including public speaking.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
For immediate consideration, please send resume and cover letter to search firm United Personnel, c/o email@example.com, by 5 p.m. on July 29, 2017
Apply for President
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly