Community Relations Specialist (Part-time)
Family & Children’s Agency (FCA) is a leading, nonprofit human service organization committed to building better lives by increasing the social and emotional wellbeing of our clients. We provide strength based solution focused services that meet the needs of our clients throughout the life cycle including children, families, youth, adults and seniors. Our acquired knowledge and skill has also enabled us to be responsive to the changing needs in the communities we serve.
Our Mission is to partner with individuals, families, organizations and communities to build better lives.
We are searching for a part-time Community Relations Specialist to join our Home Care Services team: The Philosophy of FCA’s Homecare Services is to prevent premature institutionalization, promote the highest quality of life and strengthen families and individuals during life’s transitions and crisis. Services are guided by the needs and wants of the clients in order to promote continued safety, independence and autonomy in their own homes.
The Community Relations Specialist will be responsible to implement and develop community informational and educational outreach programs to promote the services of our Home Care program. This individual will also serve as a community liaison to establish effective relationships on behalf Family & Children’s Agency Home Care program. This is a part-time hourly position that will work approximately 21 hours per week and report directly to the Director of Home Care.
The Community Relations Specialist will be responsible for the below:
- Research, develop, plan and coordinate activities of community outreach programs; provide information and referrals regarding departmental activities, services and resources
- Developed and maintain strategic alliances within the community in order to build a referral base; and to increase FCA Homecare’s presence in Norwalk and surrounding areas
- Coordinate and track outreach efforts and activities
- Represent FCA’s Homecare in public settings to raise awareness of the program and services
- Develop and execute community outreach and marketing strategies that reinforce our mission and values
- Organize promotional and informational events
- Build and maintain contacts within the local community to foster relationships between FCA’s Homecare and our community partners
- Identify and partner with external stakeholders in order to meet client needs in an innovative and efficient manner
- Face-to-face and telephone contact with referral sources, clients, care plan participants, and other service provide
- Integrate into the community through regular participation in community groups, events and initiatives
- Cultivate relationships with community partners
- Establish professional relationships within the community using successful marketing strategies
- Take initiative to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholder
- Represent FCA’s HC at relevant community events
- Additional responsibilities as required
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Relevant experience in a similar role is required
- Knowledge of the human services and home care industries
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness; exercise independent judgment and work with minimal supervision with strong attention-to-detail skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, effectively able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Strong computer skills and the ability to quickly learn various database systems
- Must have awareness of the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of clients served
- Must have valid driver’s license, insurance and reliable transportation.
We are proud to have been named as the #1 Medium Sized Workplace in Southern Connecticut by Hearst Media in 2016. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a 401K plan with a company match and pension contribution. EOE.
Candidates may apply by visiting the employment section of our website. Please be prepared with your cover letter and resume when you begin the application process. http://familyandchildrensagency.org/careers.aspx