Clinical Nurse Leader
1 day left
- Job Board
For over 40 years, Jewish Senior Services has been a leader and trusted provider of skilled nursing and senior care services.
Through the years, the needs of seniors and the community have changed and we have responded by introducing community programs with “Jewish Senior Services” as the umbrella for our services. Our vision is to be the premier provider to support individuals and families.
SUMMARY: The Clinical Nurse Leader provides clinical and administrative support to a designated building at the direction of the Clinical Nursing Director. S/he supports efforts of the Clinical Nursing Director to assure that quality care is delivered in accordance with The Jewish Home's core values, policies and procedures for the 24 hour, 7 day a week operation. S/he is responsible and accountable for resident/patient care. The Clinical Nurse Leader is available for rotating scheduled week-end on-call and work if necessary.
Reports To: Clinical Nursing Director
Titles Supervised: Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, Unit Associates, Special Needs Assistants
- Ensures quality of care according to facility policies and procedures through frequent unscheduled rounds.
- Provides supervision and direction to Staff.
- Develops and monitors Nurse and Nursing Assistant assignments.
- Provides assessment when changes in resident/patient conditions occur.
- Verifies and co-signs all orders transcribed by the LPN.
- Maintains medical record according to facility and regulatory policy.
-Promotes and advances Journey initiatives.
-Maintains quality of care by providing corrective action as needed according to The Jewish Home's disciplinary guidelines and demonstrates successful completion of Core Competencies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
2. Quality Assurance
- Monitors quality of care according to established indicators.
- Adheres to the Policies and Procedures of The Jewish Home.
- Assists in identifying problems and implements corrective action.
- Works with staff and peers to develop systems which allow for consistent evaluation of nursing care.
- Seeks guidance as needed.
- Assists Clinical Nursing Director in identifying attendance and punctuality problems, coaches staff and makes timely use of disciplinary measures.
- Assists with scheduled staff evaluations in a fair, consistent and timely manner.
- Effectively communicates with all members of the interdisciplinary team to include any changes in resident condition, or changes in organizational policy& procedure or in regulatory process'.
- Actively participates in MDS completion and attends Care Plan meetings.
- Supports Clinical Nursing Director in scheduling and attends monthly staff meetings. Maintains minutes and attendance records.
- Participates in committees as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment with focus on resident comfort and safety.
- Maintains and monitors The Jewish Home's Fire, Safety and Infection Control Policies.
5. Fiscal Accountability
- Contributes to the budget process.
-Integrates and monitors cost effective measures into daily operations.
Education: RN, BSN preferred
Experience; 2 years relevant experience in management position in a geriatric healthcare setting
Licensure; RN, State of Connecticut, CPR certification