King Industries, Inc.
Plumber / Pipefitter Wanted
King Industries, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Plumber / Pipefitter. In this role, you will assemble and or install pipes, fittings, fixtures, and valves according to designated schematic piping diagrams. As a plumber / pipefitter at King Industries you will be part of the company’s maintenance department which already has a staff of six plumbers / pipefitters.
- Basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, and multiplication).
- Ability to read and respond to written & verbal instructions.
- Receptive to learning and committing to memory pipefitter techniques.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Trade school or letter of recommendation from former employer of experience and abilities.
- Four years plumbing experience.
- Experience working with hand tools, power tool and electronic test equipment.
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation.
- P1 or P2 certification is a plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret schematic piping diagrams.
- Repair and install steam, air, water and chemical piping and components through-out the plant year round.
- Assist in preventive maintenance of process equipment.
- Cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angles.
- Assemble and install valves, pipe fittings, and pipes composed of copper, PVC, stainless steel, hastelloy-c, and iron pipe.
- Repair and maintain intricate network of piping throughout manufacturing facility.
- Comply with company safety programs.
About the Company-
For over 80 years, King Industries has been supplying specialty chemical producers to a variety of industries that are performance driven with ever changing needs. The product portfolio includes catalysts, rust and corrosion inhibitors, dispersants, rheology modifiers, surface control additives, synthetic base oils and base oil modifiers, and specialty additives for lubricant oils. Located in Norwalk, Connecticut, King Industries offers competitive salaries and benefits, including 401(k).
- Competitive Pay + Overtime availability
- Steady Work & Growth Potential
- Preventative based medical coverage
- Dental benefits
- Two weeks paid vacation (after six months of employment). Three weeks paid vacation after five years.
- 11 Paid Holidays
- On-site company gym
To apply submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for (Journeyman) Plumber/Pipefitter
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly