2 days left
- Job Board
The Priceline Network Operations Center is a 24x7 operation. The Specialist provides support and monitoring of Priceline’s production environment, corporate environment, as well as our business partner infrastructure. Primary responsibilities include the monitoring and maintenance of Priceline’s production environment and all servers therein, resolve, troubleshoot, and open trouble tickets, escalate issues to various Priceline teams other companies within the Priceline Group and/or 3rd party partners/suppliers, and the following of proper triage procedures when escalating to others inside or outside of Network Operations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and isolate failed equipment, connections, and facility issues.
- Update the Commercial Call Centers of outages in a timely fashion.
- Track and update problems in our trouble ticketing system.
- Create and distribute reports to management and necessary team members.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of all Priceline products, issues and escalation procedures.
- Insures the efficient and trouble free operation of all remote and local workstations and servers.
- Coordinates monitoring activities for infrastructure and servers.
- Communicates relevant scheduled and emergency activities with NOC Manager.
- Insures that all network equipment is maintained in proper working order.
- Maintains server inventories and environmental documentation.
- Responsible for monitoring NOC support queue.
- Provide second / third level support - via phone, email, or visiting user.
- Step through preliminary checklist of problem resolution methods.
- Communicate with various business groups for resolutions and issues.
Log activities, track progress, and time in a repository in NOC Database.
- Acquire knowledge of base and intermediate systems deployed in organization. (Network topologies, Methodologies, Hardware, Software, Business logic)
- Escalate issues by contacting appropriate parties in accordance with organization’s procedures
- Follow up on user satisfaction and unresolved issues.
- Train on special projects that enhance skill level.
Qualifications: (any combination): Qualified candidate should have some knowledge of
- UNIX/Linux and be familiar with implemented protocol standards (SMTP, POP, DNS, etc.), TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, DNS, Email, and Microsoft's Windows Operating Systems.
- Candidate must have excellent troubleshooting and decision making skills, and a strong sense of urgency.
- Candidate should be personable, have excellent communication skills, and be able to effectively interact with employees and supervisors.
- Candidate must be extremely reliable.
- Some knowledge and previous usage of monitoring systems is required.
- College degree preferred, or equivalent work experience