Senior Network Security Engineer
Prestigious Network Solutions Provider is seeking a Senior Network Security Engineer to support their clients in the NY/NJ area.
The Network Security Engineer must have the ability to solve complex problems in a methodological manner in customer's environments relating to network and network security related issues. Engineer will have the ability to communicate well in front of customers in a pre and post sales capacity providing assessments, network architecture, configuration, design and implementation.
- B.S. Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have a willingness to learn and be willing to take vendor certification courses (bonuses on certification)
- Must be comfortable with the use of software packages including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, IE etc
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required as well as good telephone skills and etiquette
- 5+years experience with TCP/IP network equipment
- 5+years experience with advanced network security systems
- Detailed Understanding of the functional aspects of key infrastructure protocols
- Detailed Understanding of L1-L7
- Detailed understanding of routing
- Robust understanding of networking and Internet technologies and experience with complex systems troubleshooting
- Ability to multi-task under stressful situations
- High reading comprehension
- Ability to rapidly pick up new technology and self-direct study
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Ability to travel locally 95% of the time to customer locations
- Ability to travel overnight 25-50% depending on location
- Expert or willing to become expert F5 Networks product knowledge
- Direct engineering or willing to attain expertise in Blue Coat, Check Point, Palo Alto Networks, Infoblox, Juniper, Aruba, RSA, Sourcefire, VMware, Cisco among others
- Experience teaching in a technical training environment