SR ACCOUNTANT/ANALYST REVENUE
This position will be the Senior Accountant / Analyst, reporting to the Senior Manager of Revenue Reporting for YNHHS, and responsible for revenue compilation for all System's Hospitals (including NEMG), reporting and analysis related to the financial statement close process and to support internal clients, including accounting as well as, analytic and information systems support. This person would be responsible to prepare s the revenue reporting for the monthly and annual financial statements and support related to net revenue and accounts receivable valuations, annual net revenue budget assumptions and valuations, financial assessments and ad hoc reports and the, supporting documentation, filings and audits that encompass the revenue process. This position will look to develop new opportunities for revenue enhancement including leading multi disciplinary work groups (Accounting, Reimbursement, Budget and Planning and the billing office) on projects associated with revenue data and reporting. Serves as technical lead in information systems, data analysis, and other analytic needs related to revenue reporting and analysis. Assures the accuracy and accountability of reported revenue information.
- 1. Responsible for the preparation of the monthly revenue reporting and support related to net revenue and accounts receivable valuations.
- 2. Assists in the overall net revenue budget process, which includes assumptions and valuation, financial assessments and ad hoc reports, supporting documentation, filings and audits.
- 3. Develops new opportunities for revenue enhancement by analyzing reimbursement, billing and collections ,as well as working with other departments to identify areas of revenue opportunity.
- 4. Streamlines projects for routine, accurate production, as required. Adequately documents work and processes as required for use by others.
- 5. Supports development of large databases through the use of required data mining tools.
- 6. Coordinates efforts of multi-disciplinary groups responsible for projects involved in the management and enhancement of revenue, as required. At times, will be expected to lead these groups. Groups may include representatives from various clinical areas, Accounting, Coding, Medical Records Billing, and Utilization and Utilization Management, Compliance and Information Systems and staff from other organizations. At other times, is required to work closely with clinical, Compliance and other Finance colleagues on a number of different revenue related projects.
- 7. Works to assure the accuracy and accountability of revenue information reported externally to outside auditors, governmental agencies and the public.
- 8. Analyzes current information, supporting documentation and data capture methods for purposes of identifying systematic and departmental opportunities for improvement and enhancement of revenue.
- 9. Responsible for the assisting in the completion of the monthly revenue reporting process. This includes the areas of maintaining detailed computer models, financial analysis and forecasting.
- 10. Promotes the Vision, Mission, and Values of Yale New Haven Health.
- 11. Performs other duties as required.
B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Health Care Administration, Mathematics, Information Systems or similar field is required.
Minimum of three years experience in health care finance, reimbursement, public or other accounting, auditing, budget, compliance, billing or insurance required with progressive responsibility in analysis and project management. Previous experience at a Big 4 or large regional accounting firm strongly preferred.
Knowledge of health care billing revenue process, accounting and auditing theory is required and assumed. Efficiency in Access and Excel is assumed. Assumes working knowledge in the field of health care, revenue reporting and/or reimbursement. Demonstrates ability to lead groups and work on numerous projects simultaneously.
Yale New Haven Health System, through its Yale New Haven, Bridgeport, Greenwich and Northeast Medical Group Delivery Networks, provides comprehensive, cost-effective, advanced patient care characterized by safety and clinical and service quality.
Yale New Haven Health System, in affiliation with Yale School of Medicine and other universities and colleges, educates health professionals and advances clinical care.
In all of its work, YNHHS is committed to the communities it has the privilege of serving.