Application Development Manager - JDE
My client, an International Manufacturing Company based in Meriden, CT is looking to hire an Application Development Manager - JDE. This is newly created position is due to growth, expansion and the continued implementation of JD Edwards Eone. Succesful candidate must have excellent communication skills along with a background in the management of a team of JDE Eone developers and projects. You will lead and direct the work of a group of JDE developers in the implementation, enhancement, maintenance and support of the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne system. Provide hands-on guidance and direction on technical development work, including interfaces to other client systems, set priorities, and provide communication and interface to the user community and other IT teams in concert with the Management Team
Required Skills and Experience
- Lead and direct the day-to-day activities of the developers in supporting the JD Edwards software and its interfaces to other client systems on various platforms.
- Provide JD Edwards development and configuration services as required using the JD Edwards developer toolkit and related technologies.
- Conduct the performance management process with each individual team member, set goals for the upcoming year, evaluate and coach employee performance against those goals.
- Provide regular status updates to the IT Director, JDE & Enterprise Systems regarding team workload, project status, priorities, and issues/roadblocks needing resolution.
- Provide guidance on development best practices, standards, and procedures. Establish these standards where they are lacking.
- Approve JDE Production promotions as required and as delegated. Evaluate changes for cross-systems impact. Ensure adequate testing has been performed.
- Perform requirements analysis and systems analysis and design work, creating appropriate documentation for use in estimating and specifying project work.
- Review and approve specifications for JD Edwards enhancements/changes.
- Develop or modify JD Edwards and interface programs as required and dictated by project resources and schedules.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the usage of JD Edwards to the user community and work with other IT leadership to present and prioritize those ideas.
- Provide effort estimates based on understanding of user requirements for changes or enhancements to the JD Edwards system and related interfaces. Provide evaluation of feasibility of user requests. Where required, recommend a project charter be written by the requestor.
- For maintenance, support and small enhancements, provide day-to-day prioritization and guidance to personnel bearing in mind longer-term strategies and system maintainability.
- Communicate regularly with the user community, working with the Director, to set priorities, communicate status, document issues, and manage expectations.
- Develop JD Edwards technical and functional skills training for the IT individuals on the team, and conduct the training or find the training from third parties.
- Ensure that the team provides high level and responsive support to the JDE Support team. Monitor the help desk system to ensure that cases assigned to the team are addressed in a timely manner. Make provisions for supporting special off-hours projects from time-to-time, such as when financial restatements of prior periods are done and end-users may need technical support.
- Supervise 3 to 8 direct reports, including full time employees onsite, remote, and offshore consultants
- Ability to lead others in technical disciplines by determining priorities, providing coaching and mentoring, and providing constructive feedback.
- Team-oriented individual able to effectively build a team and also effective as team member in various situations as circumstances dictate.
- Troubleshooting skills to effectively isolate application issues vs. other issues, and provide initial troubleshooting on JD Edwards application functionality issues with the user community and other IT teams supporting JD Edwards.
- Strong development and design skills with the ability to transform user requirements to program specifications and to communicate effectively with end users throughout the process.
- Project leadership experience in the areas of functional design, technical design, and technical development.
- Provide guidance and planning for application and tools release upgrades
- Ability to prioritize workload across the team, handle multiple large scale projects, and adhere to project schedules.
- Effective communication skills throughout the organization from end-users through senior level management. Ability to present complex concepts clearly in easily understood terms.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with end users, senior management, and within IT in a matrixed-resource environment.
- Ability to create and modify programs in the JD Edwards OMW development toolkit.
- Bachelor's Degree Required/MBA Strongly Preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of JD Edwards development experience.
- Minimum 5 years people management experience.
For immediate consideration please forward a copy of your updated resume with salary requirements to Mark Shemroske; he could be reached at
Mark has over 20 years of IT recruiting experience and has focused on JDEdwards Candidates and Clients for the past 16+ years. He is one of the leading providers of Oracle/JDEdwards OneWorld Enterprise1 EOne and Fusion professionals to clients across the country as well as on a global basis
Please Note - Candidates must have experience with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP, (Oracle PeopleSoft) JDE, JDEdwards EnterpriseOne EOne E1 OneWorld
If you have already spoken to an Account Manager, Recruiter or Staffing Consultant at Tri-S Recruiters in the past, please reach out to them directly. Otherwise, just contact Mark Shemroske at (see below) or call