Product Marketing Manager – Uxbridge, MA
We’re OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm based in Norwalk, CT. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,000 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs.
Our client offers a unique and wide-ranging assortment of women’s fitness & wellness products, programming & educational content. Our client has been recognized and featured in hundreds of fitness periodicals, television and countless women’s blogs and publications.
Their focus is on brilliant industrial design, contemporary style, leading edge fashion, exceptional engineering, and operational excellence. Products are marketed both under their own exclusive brands as well as through licensing agreements with other well-known brands and focus on creating solutions that are simple and elegant while simultaneously making the healthy lifestyle journey for women fun and effective.
Our client is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to lead high visibility product and programming initiatives of key importance to the company. In this multi-channel business, s/he will oversee various strategic marketing, market research, product development, and category management initiatives. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing the long-range product development plan for a portfolio of products in two or more categories. The position is located in Uxbridge, MA.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Stage Gate and Category Management
- Manage the Stage Gate process from ideation through commercialization.
- Define product strategy and product development priorities using analytics and research.
- Work with Product Development, Operations and Sales to develop and manage product portfolio.
- Lead the development of a state-of-the art product and the programming innovation process.
- Optimize product portfolio through SKU rationalization, gap analysis, and continuous market opportunity assessment.
- Define pricing strategy, including campaigns, promotions and list prices.
- Expand multi-channel marketing tools and services to drive revenue and profitability.
- Collaborate with sourcing, demand planning, and operations on Category Management.
- Develop and execute the market strategy across channels and brands.
- Define and own product portfolio in multiple categories.
- Develop and execute merchandizing, annual and seasonal campaigns across channels.
- Lead marketing excellence initiatives including pricing, segmentation and differentiated offerings.
Research: Consumer and Competitive Landscape
- Conduct voice of consumer research to define new product development initiatives and channel strategies.
- Provide direction on industry trends and translate implications for the business.
- Understand competitive landscape and differentiation opportunities.
Organizational Development and Integration
- Build cross-organizational relationships, communication, and trust.
- Lead a results focused, innovative marketing team.
Collaborate with sales team to drive revenue, lead generation, customer retention, competitive positioning, and sales campaigns.
Support sales training and tool development as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience Includes:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience. S/He must have proven success managing growth and marketing initiatives in multi-channel industries across a broad and diverse product line. The successful candidate must possess proven strategic, analytical, and implementation skills.
Product marketing experience in a B2B, multi-category business.
Experience working with product development partners in a new product pipeline.
Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to structure business analysis to drive decisions.
Strong project management skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize, and implement growth strategies.
Experience working with a cross-functional team in a rapidly changing industry.
Experience with women’s fitness products a plus.
Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in marketing or related field is required. An advanced degree is desirable.
The successful candidate will be expected to be a high-energy, resourceful self-starter with exceptional organizational skills. He/she should possess the following qualities:
- Results Oriented: Ability to make decisions and implement solutions in a timely manner.
- Curiosity: Interest in new techniques and emerging technologies.
- Problem Solving: Creative yet pragmatic orientation. Methodical and hands-on, as well as detail-oriented.
- Inspirational: Interpersonal skills with an ability to motivate others on the product development team.
- Analytical: Ability to conceptualize market trends and data and translate it into business opportunities.
- Collaborative: A team player, receptive to ideas from others. Shares information and keeps others informed throughout the company.
- Passion: A passion for women’s fitness and wellness.
If you are interested and qualified for this position, and can bring your success to our team, please send your resume and cover letter via this service.
Apply for Product Marketing Manager – Uxbridge, MA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly