Operations Specialist II
- The Operations Specialist - DTC Settlements is directly responsible for specialized functions within Trade Processing, including the processing and settling of security trades settling at DTC. This would include activities such trade settlement, SPO processing, Client communication, and reconciliation.
- Process all deliver and receive orders settling with other brokers/banks - all equities, corporate Fixed Income, and commercial paper trades clearing through DTC (Depository Trust Company) for our custody accounts. Adhere to all daily deadlines. Verify the trade information vs. broker presentation received from the client via the Sonic system. This includes account number, quantity, CUSIP, etc.
- Manage daily volume. Review and resolve discrepancies in order information received (for example DTC reclaims). Escalate high value problem trades to management
- Communicate professionally and constructively via email, phone, etc. with internal and external clients and counterparties to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and exposure. Provide superior client service.
- Communicate as part of a team. Contribute to Management Reporting. This may include providing statistics on work volumes. Gain efficiencies to improve individual productivity.
- Gain an understanding of the big picture - how specific function impacts the firm.Contribute to Division or Firm process improvement activities.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated PC skills.
- Ability to identify, escalate and resolve a problem.
- Ability to communicate professionally through effective verbal and written skills.
- Ability to manage time efficiently and effectively.
- Organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.