Hedge Fund in NYC hiring Software Engineers
Are you a developer who has a genuine interest in hedge funds, portfolios and research? Do you enjoy working with the business and sitting next to the Quants? If this sounds like the type of person you are, read on
My client, one of the best Hedge Funds in the world are looking for a number of software engineers to join their Research IT team. You will be tasked with a variety of challenges from building API's to better access the data to modelling and pricing solutions in a variety of languages - choosing the right tool for the job.
I am looking for people who have commercial experience of solving real-world' problems - those who have worked in a financial environment and thrive on the buzz you find when you sit with the floor.
The code base is primarily Python and Java however it is your development style my client is after, they want to see strong Object Oriented programmers who have experience in building distributed systems. You will be confident with algorithms, data structures and engineering solutions that scale - the code base is well into the millions of lines of code!
Core Tech Requirements
- Python (pandas, NumPy, SciPy)
- Low latency/Real Time even processing
- Complex data structures - modelling the data/patterns/relationships
- Full SDLC in Agile delivery method
- Experience to Java/C++/Scala would be a huge advantage
- Equities would be ideal - however other asset classes would be considered
- You will have worked in a financial environment or have a passion to get into one
- Degree educated - computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics
- Bigger picture mentality
- Problem solver
- Able to work with little supervision
Benefits/Job Perks: Base Salary up to $250k - depending on current situation, experience and performance during the interview stages,25 days paid vacation, 401k, and performance related bonus
If this sounds like you, please get in touch to discuss in more detail or send your resume direct to (see below)
Keywords: Hedge Fund, Trading, Research, Development, Quantitative, Python, Pandas, SciPy, NumPy, Low-latency, Software Engineer