Express Employment Professionals in Danbury, CT is looking for a CNC Engineer/ Programmer to join the team of a client located in Bethel, CT. Compensation is competitive based on experience.
General Purpose of Position:
The Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support to the company by serving as a key member of manufacturing staff; directing focus toward accomplishing goals; planning; implementing; and evaluating project results; and serving as project leader on selected programs essential to the company's achievement of goals.
Areas of accountability include manufacturing engineering, design engineering, tool design and tool room, CNC programming, cost estimating, provide engineering quotes and document control primarily in areas of CNC mills and lathes.
- Direct and support efforts of manufacturing in daily problem solving, key projects and long term special assignments.
- Develop cost estimates to be used for product pricing; maintain accurate pricing information on computer database and act as intermediary between sales department and internal functions of estimating, purchasing, engineering, production and senior management.
- Maintain database with accurate material costs, setup, labor rates, and overhead rates.
- Establish department goals by gathering pertinent information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
- Serve as a key member of product review and modification committees, with both existing and new product activity.
- Maintain and update appropriately, all technical binders.
- Serve as a technical resource to executive staff, sales and operation departments.
- Work with Manufacturing Manager to improve production techniques, including overseeing the design and development of fixtures and tooling to simplify processes, implementing initiatives to reduce cost, and objectives to re-methodize and improve efficiency.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of metal working industry
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written
- Superior skills in planning, organizing, implementing and controlling
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Technically astute with a solid understanding of engineering and manufacturing principles
- Strong computer skills
- Proficient with use of appropriate software such as Partmaker, or Mastercam, and solid works
- Skilled at managing and directing activities of a skilled and technical workforce.
Education: Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
Other Experience: 5 - 10 years experience in engineering-manufacturing Experience in metal working/machining industry.