Seasonal Holiday Service Ambassador, Part Time: Macys White Plains Gal
The Seasonal Service Ambassador is responsible for providing outstanding customer service and coordinating the operations of the selling floor. Collaborate with store leadership team to observe and ensure exceptional selling behaviors, monitor customer traffic patterns, and assist in recovery efforts. Be responsible for maintaining all functions related to the upkeep of the fitting room as well as the appearance of the store during the holiday season. Perform other duties as necessary.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal Service Ambassador associates arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. All seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
* Be proficient in POS and MPOS systems including Search and Send, My Client, and 's tablet app;
* Be proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy's devices or their own;
* Assist customers in all aspects of total store fulfillment and have the ability to satisfy the needs of our digital and physical customers by making appropriate partnerships when necessary;
* Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority;
* Be knowledgeable on products and can advise customer on fit and care of merchandise;
* Ensure all procedures, policies, and standards are understood and followed by associates;
* Partner with Sales Associates and Specialists on adding customers to the client book, suggesting additional merchandise to complete outfits and meet customer needs;
* Utilize reporting to ensure achievement of daily metrics (sales, credit, etc.);
* Maintain high customer readiness standards by delivering a clean, neat, easy to shop store environment;
* Maintain all functions related to the upkeep of the fitting room as well as the appearance of the store, including Holiday Lane;
* Monitor recovery efforts and partner with sales/support associates to maintain replenishment standards;
* Monitor resources and flex based on customer traffic patterns;
* Contact Asset Protection when suspicious of criminal activity;
* Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
* Assist with special projects as assigned;
* Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the Supervisor;
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
* High School diploma or equivalent required.
* A minimum of one year of experience in a sales related role required.
* Previous HR and supervisory experience is preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
* Able to use a calculator.
* Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to multitask in a fast paced environment
* This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
* Ability to lead and collaborate as a member of a team.
* Demonstrate an energetic and positive attitude, strong Interpersonal skills.
* Possess vision and creativity.
* Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
* Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
* Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.