HVAC/REFRIG MECHANIC I
Perform duties associated with the inspection, repair, maintenance and operation of all HVAC equipment, refrigeration equipment, water coolers and specialized hospital equipment. Become familiar with the specifics of the hospital HVAC systems.
- 1. Complete all scheduled maintenance on mechanical equipment encompassed by the Preventative Maintenance Program.
- 2. Follow proper protocol in communicating with hospital staff in planning to complete work.
- 3. Insure a proper level of supplies, replacement materials (filters, belts, etc.) and tools are maintained to allow all work to be completed on time.
- 4. Determine when an outside vendor is required to perform work and communicate this to your supervisor. Oversee, inspect and inform your supervisor that work is completed and accepted.
- 5. Troubleshoot equipment as required employing the proper tools (meters, air flow monitors, etc.) and methods. Insure all equipment has manufacture?s maintenance manuals. Inform supervisor of any missing.
- 6. Insure all equipment is operating properly all the time, i.e., work with your supervisor to develop a repeatable schedule to inspect all equipment for proper operation. This schedule and method of verification is to be approved by your supervisor.
- 7. Make modifications, when possible and within your capacity, to increase efficiency or operation of equipment/systems. This work is to be reviewed and approved by your supervisor before work is started.
- 8. Service and maintain control systems of mechanical equipment.
- 9. Inform your supervisor of any training which would improve your work performance.
- 10. Cooperate with fellow employees by providing/receiving assistance and suggestions to increase efficiency of maintenance/repair work.
- 11. Demonstrate knowledge through daily use of safety policies and procedures per applicable codes/protocols. Insure vendors follow all applicable safety codes/protocols.
Position requires graduation from high school plus formal training in refrigeration, heating, and air conditioning. Training in electrical and electronic circuits and controls is required.
Three (3) to five (5) years? experience with extensive exposure to installation repair and maintenance of refrigeration, air conditioning and heating systems.
S-2 or D-2 Ct. state HVAC license and an EPA refrigerant reclaiming certificate.
S-2 or D-2 Contractor's License is required. Must be able to modify or redesign parts of a system to enhance performance. Position requires EPA technician certification Type 2 or Universal (preferred). This certificate is obtained by attending a training seminar or by training programs run by local HVAC /Refrigeration supply companies. This position requires the skills to complete general trade/maintenance task associated with non-mechanical work.
Must possess the physical capacity to complete the task required by this HVAC position such as lifting 40 pounds, working off of ladders, etc. Due to the operational hours of this facility, this position will, in the event of an off-hour (other than standard working hours) event, need to respond by assessing the event, contacting your supervisor, the appropriate contractors and staff, be present at the site if required and insure that the facility is able to perform normal operations
Yale New Haven Hospital is a destination hospital for patients from around the corner, around the country, and around the world. As a Magnet-recognized*, tertiary medical center, with 1,500+ beds, we are the 4th largest hospital in the country, with two acute care campuses and three emergency departments, including a Level I trauma center. We're ranked as one of "America's Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & World Report, which is a testament to the unrivaled expertise, compassion and character of our staff, and as the primary teaching facility for Yale Schools of Medicine and Nursing, we are nationally recognized for our commitment to teaching and clinical research.
Located on the Connecticut shoreline, Yale New Haven Hospital includes Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale New Haven, Yale New Haven Children's Hospital and Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital.
*Yale New Haven Hospital's York Street campus and associated ambulatory sites are Magnet-designated by the ANCC.