Part Time clerk
To ensure that all financial related matters as they pertain to our residents are maintained accurately and comply with State and Federal mandated laws, policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate records for Residential financial books and reconcile checkbooks.
- Monitor Representative Payee accounts; verify deposits and pay bills following appropriate procedures.
- Assist in filing federal and state income tax returns.
- Complete DDS and Social Security redeterminations for medical, SNAP, and cash assistance.
- Submit housing authority recertification.
- Assists in various tasks within the Residential Department in order to ensure the completion of department responsibilities.
- Attends all department and agency staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as designated by the Residential Director.
- Internal: Coordinates, consults, and interacts with the Residential Director and other departments as necessary to accomplish specific duties.
- Families and People Served: Advocates for, communicates with and positively interacts with each member.
- External: Coordinates with, consults with, and relates to community agencies, State officials and employees, civic organizations, and business leaders.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Ability to operate computer systems.
- Ability to understand and practice agency fiscal policies and State and Federal laws, policies and regulations.
- Ability to act quickly and remain calm in a crisis.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to drive and have available a personal vehicle.
- Ability to organize, be flexible, keep a neat work area, and work independently.
Associate's Degree preferred.
Accounting experience desired.
Primarily sedentary with occasional lifting and carrying of office equipment and such documents as manuals up to approximately 20 lbs.
Occasional walking, standing, and driving.
- Ability to meet frequent deadlines and handle stressful, hectic situations without loss of efficiency and composure.