Branch Service Manager/Client Associate - Glastonbury, CT
What is the opportunity?
Seeking a new opportunity while growing your career? We have a Branch Service Manager/Client Associate role open in our RBC Wealth Management in our Glastonbury, CT branch. The Branch Service Manager and Client Associate role have been combined to aid in the operational support of the branch office and also give you the opportunity to assist a Financial Advisor or a Financial Team.
What will you do?
- Assist the Administrative/Associate Complex Manager (ADCM/ASCM) with the interviewing, onboarding and training processes. You will help maintain attendance records, approve timecards, provide work direction, and assure appropriate coverage. You will also act as a liaison between the complex and branch regarding issues that may arise.
- Accurately record all securities and/or coupons received from clients and ensure their credit to the proper accounts in accordance with branch, complex and firm procedures as they pertain to the handling of client securities. Maintain in an orderly manner all operations-related files as required by branch, Complex main office, firm and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain a professional rapport with clients. Examples could include answering account questions such as account balance information or other account related information.
- Communicate and escalate any important account information to the Financial Advisors on behalf of their clients.
- Ensure that all appropriate account documentation is obtained and maintained. Examples could include facilitating the transfer of funds and securities and issuing client's checks, wires and ACH's as requested. You will assist with informing clients about missing paperwork and securities or funds due in accordance with branch, complex, firm and compliance policies.
What do you need to succeed?
- High school diploma or equivalent with minimum 3 years of industry experience
- Intermediate understanding of the stock market, investments, and retirement plans with working knowledge of Fixed Income products, equities, mutual funds, insurance and annuities
- Basic computer skills (including Microsoft Office)
- Good interpersonal verbal and written communication skills, detail orientated, strong math and organizational skills
- Able to independently manage multiple demands and competing priorities while working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree
- Series 7 and 66 (or 63 & 65) licenses (or ability to obtain within 6 months if required)
- Prior industry experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Able to mentor others
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We employ approximately 78,000 full- and part time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 39 other countries.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
Work Hours/Week: 40
Work Environment: Regional Office
Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Hourly
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Job Posting End Date: 10/16/2016
Req ID: 121158
Posting Notes: N/A