Performs a variety of electrical activities involving and working with voltages up to 15K. Work involves the installation, service and maintenance of electrical distribution systems, fire alarm systems, energy management and security systems, capital construction work, communication systems, control systems and corrective maintenance work orders.
- 1. Lays out, installs, services and maintains the fire alarm system to ensure that it is in working order at all times.
- 2. Lays out, installs, services and maintains the electrical distribution system at Yale New Haven Hospital and affiliated facilities to ensure proper operation.
- 3. Lays out, installs, services and maintains the security system and the electrical portions of the Building Energy Management System to ensure proper and reliable operation.
- 4. Performs in house electrical construction projects in accordance with required code practices.
- 5. Lays out, installs, and maintains wiring on all communication systems in the hospital complex to ensure compliance with applicable codes.
- 6. Installs, repairs, maintains and troubleshoots a variety of Corrective Maintenance Work Order assignments to meet code standards throughout the hospital facilities.
- 7. Lays out, installs, services and maintains control systems throughout the hospital complex to ensure proper functioning.
- 8. General responsibilities for electrical personnel.
- 9. Demonstrates knowledge through daily use of safety policies and procedures, including Material Safety Data Sheets, asbestos abatement and electrical safety procedures per applicable codes.
Position requires high school plus training equivalent to a State approved apprenticeship program.
Three (3) to five (5) years experience with a E2 License in various electrical installation activity.
Journeyman E2 License
Must possess the physical capacity to complete the task required by this electrical position.
Yale New Haven Hospital is a destination hospital for patients from around the corner, around the country, and around the world. As a Magnet-recognized*, tertiary medical center, with 1,500+ beds, we are the 4th largest hospital in the country, with two acute care campuses and three emergency departments, including a Level I trauma center. We're ranked as one of "America's Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & World Report, which is a testament to the unrivaled expertise, compassion and character of our staff, and as the primary teaching facility for Yale Schools of Medicine and Nursing, we are nationally recognized for our commitment to teaching and clinical research.
Located on the Connecticut shoreline, Yale New Haven Hospital includes Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale New Haven, Yale New Haven Children's Hospital and Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital.
*Yale New Haven Hospital's York Street campus and associated ambulatory sites are Magnet-designated by the ANCC.