Actuarial Internship (summer 2017) - 122428
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to take your career further than you can imagine.
*Open to most Anthem office locations (CA, CO, CT, GA, IN, KY, ME, MO, NH, OH, VA, WI, NY)*
**Please note that all internships at Anthem are temporary and do not provide benefits.**
This summer internship will begin in May or June 2017 and will support an assigned actuarial group with related projects and tasks. Multiple opportunities are available in a variety of office locations including CA, CO, CT, GA, IN, KY,
ME, MO, NH, OH, VA, NY, and WI.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Assist the actuarial team to collect and refine actuarial data.
* Analyze, develop and validate statistical models and data.
* Update pricing, valuation and forecasting models.
* Conduct internet research for competitive analysis.
* Prepare documents for audits as necessary.
Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and majoring in actuarial science, math, statistics, or related field.
Other criteria for selection include:
* Preferred majors include Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other related degree.
* Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills required.
* Previous internship preferred, but not required.
* Experience required in the use of MS applications, including Word, Excel and Access.
*/Anthem is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company please visit us at/**/**/. EOE.M/F/Disability/Veteran./*
**Job** *Administrative Support*
**Title:** *Actuarial Internship (summer 2017) - 122428*
**Requisition ID:** *122428* d4653fb6806c4d6895fda2fd9f79e70d
We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take a more active role in helping people access the right health care and programs, going by a name that people know and trust is important.
Anthem, Inc. is one of the nation's leading health benefits insurer and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem, Inc., we are working to transform health care with trusted and caring solutions and meaningfully advance affordability and better health outcomes for our health plan members. Nearly 69 million people are served by our affiliated companies including more than 37 million enrolled in our family of health plans.
- One in nine Americans receives coverage for their medical care through Anthem's affiliated plans.
- We offer a broad range of medical and specialty products.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to help drive the future of health care.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our co