ELECTRICIAN FOR SHORELINE MEDICAL CENTER
Performs a variety of electrical activities involving and working with voltages up to 1K. Work involves the installation, service and maintenance of electrical distribution systems, fire alarm systems, energy management and security systems, , communication systems, control systems and corrective maintenance work orders.
- 1. Lays out, installs, services and maintains the fire alarm system to ensure that it is in working order at all times.
- 2. Lays out, installs, services and maintains the electrical distribution system at Shore Line Medical Center(SMC) to ensure proper operation.
- 3. Lays out, installs, services and maintains the security system and the electrical portions of a Building Energy Management System to ensure proper and reliable operation
- 4. Performs in house electrical installations in accordance with required code practices.
- 5. Lays out, installs, and maintains wiring on all communication systems in the facility to ensure compliance with applicable codes
- 6. Installs, repairs, maintains and troubleshoots a variety of Corrective Maintenance Work Order assignments to meet code standards throughout the facilities.
- 7. Lays out, installs, services and maintains control systems throughout the facility to ensure proper functioning.
- 8. General responsibilities for electrical personnel.
- 9. Demonstrates knowledge through daily use of safety policies and procedures, including Material Safety Data Sheets and electrical safety procedures per applicable codes/protocols
- 10. Contact approved vendors to perform repairs and/or maintenance. Provide direction and inspection of their work. Complete and process the necessary paper work.
- 11. Cooperate with fellow employees by providing assistance and suggestions to complete work items in a timely fashion.
Position requires high school diploma plus training equivalent to a State approved apprenticeship program.
Minimum three (3) to five (5) years experience with an E2 License in various electrical installation activity, preferably in a hospital environment .
Journeyman E2 License
This position requires the skills to complete general trade/maintenance tasks associated with non-electrical equipment/systems.
Must possess the physical capacity to complete the task required by this electrical position such as lifting 40 pounds, working off of ladders, etc.. Due to the operational hours of this facility, this position will, in the event of an off-hour (other than standard working hours) event, need to respond by assessing the event, contacting your supervisor, the appropriate contractors and staff, be present at the site if required and insure that the facility is able to perform normal operations.
Yale New Haven Hospital is a destination hospital for patients from around the corner, around the country, and around the world. As a Magnet-recognized*, tertiary medical center, with 1,500+ beds, we are the 4th largest hospital in the country, with two acute care campuses and three emergency departments, including a Level I trauma center. We're ranked as one of "America's Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & World Report, which is a testament to the unrivaled expertise, compassion and character of our staff, and as the primary teaching facility for Yale Schools of Medicine and Nursing, we are nationally recognized for our commitment to teaching and clinical research.
Located on the Connecticut shoreline, Yale New Haven Hospital includes Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale New Haven, Yale New Haven Children's Hospital and Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital.
*Yale New Haven Hospital's York Street campus and associated ambulatory sites are Magnet-designated by the ANCC.