RESPONSIBILITIES:Kforce has a client that is searching for Packaging Engineer in East Hartford, CT.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Develop and Revise Packaging Designs:
- Develop new packaging designs involving physical part review, part print and solid model review, part properties investigation, PPMI manual review, container and assembly design, CAD system drawings, prototype creation and fit and function check
- Identify reusable and new container improvement opportunities and define requirements for implementation
Create, maintain and use Packaging Records and Documents:
- Create/revise SAP - Material Master, SPI instructional information, Kit Packaging Instructions and packaging note codes
- Develop Access queries
- Add/delete or change RCC requirements and process purchase agreements
- Create/revise packaging procedures, training documents and packaging standard work
Provide Expert Packaging Engineering Guidance and Support:
- Provide Packaging expertise in support of 3PL, for supplier questions, employee packaging and handling training, Roadmaps, Domestic Roadmap kitting, International Kitting, receiving, storage, shipping and material handling
- Provide support to 3PL regarding packaging material inventory and cost control
Audit and Implement Packaging Requirements:
- Audit 3PL and supplier packaging activities for completeness and accuracy.
- Implement supplier, 3PL and internal reusable container and new packaging improvement programs
- Identify packaging quality issues and notify supplier
- Investigate part damage, review supplier packaging then provide recommendations
- BA in Packaging Engineering or other related field
- Some experience in Packaging Engineering or Logistics is preferred
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.