Seasonal Holiday Retail Merchandise Handler - INC Mens, Part Time: Mac
The Seasonal Merchandise Handler is responsible for all functions related to the flow of new merchandise for the vendor. Performs other duties as assigned.
In order to present our customers with the best holiday shopping experience, many of our Seasonal Merchandise Handlers arrive prior to store opening and remain after closing to ensure we are ready to make Macy's magic. Seasonal associates will have the opportunity to work a flexible schedule on a temporary basis, which may include early mornings, evenings, weekends and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. And don't forget - just in time for holiday shopping, you will receive an employee discount of up to 20% starting your first day!
* Complete general shipment and processing activities in accordance to productivity standards and ensure floor readiness
* Assist the Merchandise Team in the movement of fixtures and merchandise for new product, season changes, and clearance sets
* Assist in replenishment, inventory and markdown processes
* Responsible for customer carryout and special deliveries
* Maintain communication with vendors, MTMs, and regional and district offices for support on driving sales, promos, and product knowledge
* Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Communication Skills: Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret
instructional documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Excellent written and verbal
Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving and standing.
Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally
involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye
level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth
perception, and focus adjustment.
Other skills: Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a
team. Ability to collaborate and function as a member
of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
Should be comfortable with the use of computers and
frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail
hours, which may include day, evening, weekends,
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.