A leader in innovative products and complete solutions in the healthcare industry is currently seeking an Verification and Validation Specialist in the Tarrytown, NY area. This is a 1-year CONTRACT position. No per diem is available for this assignment.
Responsibilities for the Validation Engineer
- Works closely with all engineering disciplines including R&D Systems Engineering, Project Management, and Quality personnel to verify and validate products. Define and develop test systems in the lab. Ensure that all test systems and equipment are appropriate, maintained, and calibrated.
- Work with project teams to create, review, and approve verification and validation deliverables. Perform verification and validation testing. Review and analyze test data and record pass/fail results and conclusions.
- Track and report on progress toward completion of verification and validation. Summarize the verification and validation performed, the data reviewed, and conclusions reached. Review test input requirements for completeness, correctness, clarity and testability by providing input, creating or revising V&V related procedures.
- The V&V Specialist will also identify and implement V&V process efficiencies and establish best practices for our internal functional expertise.
Requirements for the Validation Engineer
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related discipline. 3+ years of experience in design verification or validation, emphasis on software and hardware testing. Experience with product development per FDA design control and ISO 13485 desired.
- Experience creating verification and validation plans, protocols, and reports. Experience with requirements management, risk based testing approaches, defect tracking, and configuration control tools. Preferred software language experience: Labview, LV projects and libraries, Active X and .NET components, SQL, along with one or more scripting languages such as VBScript, Jscript, Perl, Python or TCL.
- Knowledgeable in testing methods, strategies, and best practices for release of software driven, electro-mechanical assemblies. Experience and knowledge of various measurement and test devices for use in testing electro-mechanical assemblies. Experience with automation tools for testing applications (Labview, Matlab).
- Familiarity with specifying software test steps and control flows to drive software development of test devices, Experience with software development, numerical analysis and algorithmic functions preferred. Familiarity with electronic schematics.
- Experience in creating and executing validation protocols for process and test equipment in a FDA regulated industry. Experienced with running test case design reviews to establish effective approach. Medical equipment or other equipment experience involving complex, multi-component systems desired.
Randstad is a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world. From temporary staffing to permanent placement to in-house, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions, Randstad holds top positions around the world and has approximately 31,100 corporate employees working from its nearly 4,700 branches and in-house locations in 40 countries.
We are a company built on a deep network of expertise that crosses industries and geographies. We recognize that talent comes in different forms, that every business has its unique challenges and opportunities. And our recruiting experts are skilled at marrying talent and business-identifying the ideal professionals for an organization's culture and its teams, its needs and its goals.