We are looking for a Buyer to work for a manufacturing company in Shelton, CT. This position will plan and provide, at minimum costs, the necessary materials to manufacture products. This is a contract position that provides benefits and is expected to last a year but could be longer.
Responsibilities for the Buyer
- Plan and provide, at minimum costs, the necessary materials to manufacture company's products
- Negotiate prices, terms, delivery, and conditions of purchase from suppliers for a variety of assigned commodities.
- Implement controls to follow up purchase order, issue change notices, and catalog suppliers' prices and quotations in an efficient manner
- Request and analyze bids and approve suppliers
- Coordinate communication between engineering, operating departments and suppliers
- Prepare Purcasing Department reports and reviews
Requirements for the Buyer
- Bachelors degree in Business Admin, Materials Planning or related field
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment required
- SAP experience is required
- Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, etc.
Randstad is a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world. From temporary staffing to permanent placement to in-house, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions, Randstad holds top positions around the world and has approximately 31,100 corporate employees working from its nearly 4,700 branches and in-house locations in 40 countries.
We are a company built on a deep network of expertise that crosses industries and geographies. We recognize that talent comes in different forms, that every business has its unique challenges and opportunities. And our recruiting experts are skilled at marrying talent and business-identifying the ideal professionals for an organization's culture and its teams, its needs and its goals.