Director 3 - Facilities Operations
Sodexo is seeking a Director of Facilities Operations for St. Mary's Hospital in Waterbury, CT.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Are you a strategic Facilities professional who can drive innovation with exceptional results? As you grow your career, do you want the support of an industry leader in Facilities Management?
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 125,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 9,000 client sites and more than 15 million customers a day in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
Are You the One?
We are seeking candidates with proven success in achieving reductions in expense through innovative projects in facility management and renovations, with technical expertise in building services including plant operations, MEP and project management for re-engineering initiatives. You also may oversee contract labor for electrical, HVAC, plumbing, fire safety equipment, security systems and building hardware.
If you excel at unit profitability, account savings, client satisfaction, safety and quality, we want to hear from you!
You will be professionally responsible for Facilities Management regarding the proper installation, operation and maintenance of uninterrupted light, heat, power, water and monitoring systems for all health system buildings and services.
Under the direction of the Hospital Senior Leadership and Sodexo's District Manager, the Facilities Director is responsible for all campus systems, mechanical, electrical, structural, civil, low voltage, demolition, ILSM Process, architectural, landscape, and NFPA 101 Life Safety Regulatory requirements. The position is responsible for all operational and capital budgets for the facilities department as well as the development and implementation of system framework to support asset management program and preservation of the hospital Infrastructure system wide.
The Director of Facilities Operations has oversight of staffing, construction/renovation operations, landscape operations, campus planning, skilled trades' contractors, maintenance and repair programs and energy management. Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and regulatory agencies, efficiency of services and delivery of optimal customer service.
- Plans, improves, and maintains owned and leased facilities and equipment.
- Provides strategic leadership and vision for departments.
- Provides coordination and direction in the design, review, and specifications of construction and remodel projects with architects and administration. Monitors day to day activities and work on Engineering, Plant Operations, Aesthetics and Grounds. Provides oversight as needed for contractors and construction managers.
- Negotiates project contracts.
- Manages activities concerning technical development and scheduling.
- Establishes and manages budgets and productivity targets. Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project and department budgets.
- Ensures maintenance of physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, electrical systems, utility systems, and grounds are in operative and safe working condition at all time.
- Responsible for constant state of readiness to comply with Joint Commission EOC, Life Safety and Emergency Preparedness survey inspections, preparation and document requirements.
- Ensures that the health system is in compliance with all local, state, and federal codes and regulations. Assists in gathering information and assembling files for State Health Inspections.
You will have budget, staffing, short and long range planning, and program development responsibilities for the Facilities department in addition to construction/renovation operations, facility planning, maintenance, repair programs and energy management.
If you can translate and communicate your technical expertise and financial acumen with C-Suite Executives and staff, let's talk!
The ideal candidate will have:
- plant operations and maintenance management experience in an health care environment is required;
- experience with the Join Commission, Environment of Care (EOC), OSHA and Life Safety requirements;
- strong technical knowledge of the following: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, structural, fire protection, safety systems, civil, low voltage, demolition, architectural and energy management;
- business and financial acumen with a strong P&L understanding;
- excellent customer service and communication skills;
- staff development and team building experience;
- Certified Health Care Facilities Manager (CHFM) is a plus; and
- a bachelor's degree in engineering or related fields preferred.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance ??? every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
The Director of Facilities Operations is responsible for directing facilities maintenance operations of building(s) and property at a single unit. The Director of Facilities Operations manages the preventative maintenance and reactive repair of skilled trades, e.g., HVAC, plumbing, electrical, utilities; and manages the hiring, training and supervision of staff, professionals and management. The Director of Facilities Operations manages a safe and efficient working environment, essential to the performance of the business. The Director may oversee construction work and often manages other core Sodexo services, and/or logistics of business/operations services, e.g., grounds keeping, laundry, food, security, inventory, mail, concierge services.