At Extra Space Storage, the Store Manager is critical in creating a welcoming environment, creating the cleanest locations in the industry, and identifying customer needs and exceeding their expectations. Extra Space Storage seeks employees that have entrepreneurial, can-do, positive attitudes, adaptability to change, and integrity. If you possess these qualities and want to join a dynamic, growing organization, then we are excited to hear from you!
- Successful Store Managers achieve financial goals by:
Accurately managing cash and balancing receipts, pursuing collections, posting payments and processing daily bank deposits accurately and timely.
- As a Store Manager you'll work alongside your team to maximize sales objectives with each prospective customer via the phone, web or in person at your location.
- You will have the opportunity to recommend and implement marketing strategies based on competitor information and your own great ideas.
- Our team members consistently practice exceptional customer service by welcoming future and current customers in a friendly, enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Store Managers work with customers to identify their needs and provide solutions that will contribute to their storage experience.
- It is retail, so you will get the chance to sell/upsell high quality retail merchandise such as boxes, locks, tape and other moving supplies.
- Our team members enjoy working outdoors. When not taking care of customers in the office, our Store Managers spend approximately 50% of their time walking and tending to the property to ensure the facility is kept to the highest of cleanliness standards. This includes cleaning units, sweeping, mopping, changing light bulbs and other general maintenance duties.
- Successful Store Managers need to be able to perform at a high level without constant supervision, but also thrives in a team environment.
- Our customers are important. You will get to build a loyal customer base by creating great customer experiences and exceeding customer expectations.
- As a store manager you will manage the day to day operations of the business and provide mentoring opportunities with assistant managers.
- You could have experience from a variety of environments including retail sales, restaurant, sales associate, and other customer-centered selling roles
- Energetic, outgoing, customer oriented personality
- Leadership skills and experience supervising others is preferred.
- A High School diploma /GED equivalent. College education a plus
- Ability to perform light maintenance.
- Strong Computer Skills
- Minimum two year Customer Service and/or Sales experience
- Valid driver's license with access to reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel to multiple retail locations
We are a dynamic growing company with competitive pay and benefits. We have a great culture and rewarding work environment with the opportunity for advancement.
Note: If you have experience working in any of the following areas, we encourage you to apply: retail, sales associate, customer service, retail jobs, assistant manager, retail sales, retail store, retail management, retail industry, 5 star customer service, sales.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the ""Find Internal Career Openings"" in Workday
Extra Space Storage?? Inc. (NYSE: EXR) is a real estate investment trust based in Salt Lake City, Utah with regional offices in California, Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Texas. Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self storage in the U.S., and is a national owner, developer, acquirer and operator of professionally managed self-storage properties.
Extra Space Storage is a thirty year old company that has been involved in the self-storage industry since its inception. Extra Space Storage's mission is sustainable growth, based around six basic company goals:
- Maximize customer satisfaction
- Provide an excellent product and service
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships
- Increase shareholder value
- Grow the business
- Make Extra Space Storage a great place to work
Extra Space Storage is a growth-oriented company creating a new standard in the self-storage industry. Both customers and communities benefit from Extra Space Storage's professional approach to storage. Featuring attractive, convenient and secure facilities operated by professional managers, Extra Space Storage seeks to change the association of self storage as a temporary holding place for rarely-used things to a desirable, safe, and customer-oriented facility perfectly suited for maintaining and accessing valued person