Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer with extensive experience in a Linux environment. The position involves the development and implementation of a wide range of networking software. The ideal candidate has recent, demonstrated, hands-on development expertise with Linux. The position involves a significant level of autonomy in which a self-motivated applicant will work independently to develop solutions
- 5+ years of programming experience using C or C++
- Experience developing software for Linux systemsLinux Kernel
- Experience with Linux driver development (eg wireless, network stack)
- Current responsibilities are primarily coding
- Applicant must have a security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance
- Minimum of a BS degree in EE, CS, etc.
- Master's or/PhD in EE/CS
- Linux Kernel and Kernel module development
- Linux driver development (eg wireless, network stack)
- Embedded/custom Linux distribution development/management (eg MontaVista, OpenWRT, SnapGear, Android)
- Cross-compiling & porting (eg make, autoconf)
- UNIX Shell Scripting
- Network application development (eg VoIP, streaming H.264)
- Distributed systems and network protocol development
- MANET/mesh/wireless ad hoc and wired networking
- Android application development
- Advanced Cisco Router/switch configuration/management
Our client develops Mobile Ad hoc Networking (MANET) wireless radio systems for US Government and commercial applications. The systems provide on-the-move data, voice, video, and situational awareness capability.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.