Senior Compensation Specialist
We’re OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm based in Norwalk, CT. We are pleased to have been named a Hearst Media Top Workplace for the past 4 years in a row. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,200 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs, and we now boast a staff of over 60 and growing. We are seeking a Senior Compensation Specialist to join our team. The resource we are seeking will handle the following tasks:
- Review compensation plans for clients, providing analysis and insight as to how they can be improved.
- Conduct / Lead compensation benchmarking projects, including:
- Gathering of baseline compensation plan data.
- Securing benchmarking data from websites, public domain information, surveys, internal intelligence.
- Assemble detailed reporting, including grids, clearly explaining findings and recommendations.
- Assist clients in the (re)development of compensation plans for sales professionals, executives, and other designated pools.
- Lead the OperationsInc surveying initiatives on salary and compensation surveys we perform.
In this newly created role the resource we engage will also assist us in defining the services we are going to offer, along with building tools to support future projects.
The ideal candidate MUST possess the following:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the area of compensation plan design and analysis.
- Proven ability collect and analyze data, draw conclusions and build comprehensive reports.
- Ability to work directly with clients to understand their issues and objectives, creating a proposal designed to address their needs.
- Extensive past experience producing comparable output[KN1] , and doing so within specific time constraints.
- Experience analyzing and designing plans for diverse roles at various levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Past experience working with a multitude of clients, internal and external.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong core skills in all areas of compensation plan concepts and design.
- Accounting / Finance background a significant plus.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
The current demand for these services has increased resulting in our decision to add this position to staff. Our initial plan is to engage this individual on a part time basis, estimated at 5-15 hours per week for up to 12 weeks as we build the practice. After the service structure is established, we anticipate a fluctuating schedule of 15-30 hours per week, depending on client demand. Work would initially be performed from our Norwalk offices, with future flexibility for working remotely a strong possibility.
OperationsInc offers a wide range of progressive benefits for our employees that include a flexible work environment, casual dress policy, company supplied and supplemented food and beverages, and a great range of employee benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, 401k and others, many of which are made available to part-time employees.
Interested candidates should provide a resume and cover letter, indicating compensation history and hourly requirements via this service.
NOTE - Submissions that do not include compensation history and requirements will not be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V