SR OPERATIONAL FINANCIAL ANALYST
This position requires the ability to work out of Bridgeport, CT and New Haven, CT with minimal notice as needed.
Provides financial support to include revenue and expense analysis utilizing the RIMS database to assigned Vice Presidents and Administrative officers, including monthly review of operating results to include capitated reimbursement, annual budget preparation, determination of the financial feasibility of new/revised and existing services or programs related to internal operations and external product offerings such as Medicaid Managed Care and the development of department productivity measurements.
- 1. Develops and monitors the detailed ""Flow of Funds"" relating to capitated reimbursement models such as Medicaid Managed Care.
- 2. Collaborates with clinical, operational and financial management at all levels in the organization and utilizing the RIMS system, develops RIMS analysis and reports that meet users needs and are consistent, in support of and complementary to the goals of the Business Plan. Provides seamless clinical and financial data in a usable format allowing for the identification, analysis and evaluation of alternative strategies as solutions of business and operational issues requiring management attention. Where possible, provides comparable benchmarking information of RIMS information to other institutions and networks.
- 3. Develops in-depth working knowledge of operations and acts in capacity of financial liaison to assigned Vice Presidents and Administrative Officers. Provides key financial and clinical data highlighting business and operational issues requiring management attention and resources. Participates in departmental task forces and committees to provide financial input. Provides department managers with orientation of RIMS budgetary concepts and accounting procedures. Makes effective recommendations relative to the financial and operational management of departments and activities.
- 4. Reviews preliminary financial results on a monthly and quarterly basis to ensure accuracy and completeness of financial statements. Provides summary of final results with explanations and review with appropriate Vice Presidents, Administrative officers and department managers.
- 5. Integrates, streamlines, operationalizes, and continually evaluates institutional and departmental management systems to improve the ""seamless"" information flow.
- 6. Coordinates the preparation of annual operating expense budget proposals and personnel requirements with assigned department heads and Vice Presidents. Assists Vice Presidents in the preparation of budget request presentation for review by executive management. Assists in consolidation and analysis of total budget data.
- 7. Prepares schedules and forms as required for external benchmark comparison (MECON and CIN) (CHHC, CHA, etc.) as required.
- 8. Researches, accumulates, and evaluates all pertinent clinical, operational and financial data regarding the feasibility of introducing new or revising existing services for programs related to internal hospital operations. Develops financial summary with operating and management personnel for review and evaluation by executive management.
- 9. Assists in the annual budget negotiations with external parties and any specific grant proposals.
- 10. Assembles input data as required to provide base for use in financial planning forecasting model.
- 11. Participates and supports Hospital/Health System and Finance customer relations policy and programs.
- 12. Performs other related duties as required by Manager, Operational Finance and assigned Administrative Officers.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA preferred.
Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in accounting, hospital operations and/or experience in a managed care environment.
Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to exercise creativity and initiative in making recommendations, ability to influence the thinking of others. Knowledge of clinical departments, the hospital industry and the health care environment desirable.
Additional Information This position will support the Oncology & Urology service lines.
Yale New Haven Health System, through its Yale New Haven, Bridgeport, Greenwich and Northeast Medical Group Delivery Networks, provides comprehensive, cost-effective, advanced patient care characterized by safety and clinical and service quality.
Yale New Haven Health System, in affiliation with Yale School of Medicine and other universities and colleges, educates health professionals and advances clinical care.
In all of its work, YNHHS is committed to the communities it has the privilege of serving.