Surgical Tech - Orthopedic
Surgical Tech - Orthopedic
Careers. Inspired. Innovation. Refined. Orthopedics. Advanced.
Reimagine how you see your career!
Hospital for Special Surgery and Stamford Health have entered into an unprecedented collaboration of Magnet hospitals to create the premier center for advanced orthopedics in Connecticut, offering a level of inpatient and ambulatory care unrivaled in Connecticut. Dedicated orthopedic units in the new Stamford Hospital tower are expected to open by year-end 2017 and at the Tully Health Center in February 2017.
Stamford Health is currently seeking experienced Surgical Technicians/Technologists that have a broad knowledge of orthopedics to join this exciting alliance in Stamford. The positions are varied and opportunities tremendous. Schedule flexibility will be critical to individual roles. Under the direct supervision of the RN, you'll act as the primary scrub person who handles instruments, supplies, and other related equipment during surgical procedures and ensure a safe patient care experience.
Qualified Surgical Technicians/Technologists will possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- CST certification from NBSTSA
- 2-3 years of working Surgical Tech experience, preferably within a hospital/healthcare setting
- Current BLS certification
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
Stamford Health recognizes the importance of your financial health and overall well-being. We offer:
- Competitive salary and rich shift differentials
- Comprehensive, low cost medical, dental and vision insurance plans available day one
- 26 PTO days
- Tax deferred annuity and (403b) pension plan
- Award winning on-boarding and retention programs
- Rich tuition reimbursement program
- Individualized orientation
- High acuity care and level of autonomy
- Free on-site parking and train station shuttle
- Child care partnership with Bright Horizons
- And more!
For more information and to apply, please visit: StamfordHealth.org/HSS
You may also forward your resume to Evena Williams, Sr. HR Partner, at: . EOE M/F/D/V
HSS is the world's largest academic medical center focused on musculoskeletal health and ranked the #1 hospital for orthopedics according to U.S News & World Report (2016-17). Through this unique alliance, HSS Orthopedics Stamford Health will expand access to leading clinicians, as well as best practices and protocols developed by HSS over its 153 years of experience.
Designated: ANCC Magnet Recognition??
Accredited: The Joint Commission
Member: NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare System
Designated: Planetree Person-Centered Care
Tracking Code HSS/SH-EW02