Compliance Advisory - OTC Derivative Reform
Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of a global compliance program related to derivatives regulatory reform; including Dodd-Frank, European Market Infrastructure Regulation, Canadian OTC Derivative Reform, and other jurisdictions as applicable.
- Coordinate with regional Compliance teams globally on the implementation of derivatives regulatory requirements; seeking to achieve, where appropriate, a system of common, consistent and/or global procedures and controls.
- Advise management within Compliance, the business and other functions on existing and future global derivatives reform efforts
- Develop a comprehensive surveillance program to monitor activity in derivative products globally
- Draft and implement policies, procedures and controls to mitigate key risks associated with derivative products
- Proactive identification of issues and risks impacting RBC through participation in business, industry and regulatory initiatives
- Investigate and assist with responses to regulatory inquiries and examinations
- Leverage expertise and processes across jurisdictions to develop better solutions and achieve a cross enterprise mindset
- Develop training programs related to global derivatives reform efforts
- Maintain positive relationships with regulators, SRO's, exchanges, counterparties, and clearing houses
- Other projects and assignments as necessary
- 10 or more years of compliance (or equivalent) experience obtained in a financial institution, including a broker-dealer (ideally within a financial conglomerate), regulator and/or other comparable environment)
- Excellent knowledge of relevant banking and securities laws related to products including: derivatives, equities, Fixed Income, and futures
- Partnership mentality across regions and the RBC enterprise as a whole
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and superior judgment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strategic thinking
- Solution orientated
- Ability to accept accountability, assume pro-active leadership, demonstrate initiative, and lead by example in teamwork, cross-unit co-operation, information sharing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- BA/BS Degree
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We employ approximately 78,000 full- and part time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 39 other countries.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
City: New York
Work Hours/Week: 40+
Work Environment: Regional Office
Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 0
People Manager: No
Job Posting End Date: 02/23/2016
Req ID: 98361
Posting Notes: SF:JB