DCM Liability Management, Assoc/VP (DOE)
What is the opportunity?
RBC is seeking an individual to join the Debt Capital Markets, Global Liability Management team based in New York. One of the main contributions of the role will be to enhance RBC's expertise and client coverage in Liability Management across all Fixed Income platforms. Depending on experience, this can be an Associate or VP level position.
What will you do?
- Proactively identify liability management opportunities for our clients
- Work with global debt capital markets and investment banking in providing analysis for liability management transactions
- Prepare and present various liability management ideas to clients and demonstrate expertise in the subject matter
- Work across product lines, but not limited to investment grade, high yield and convertibles
- Work with sales and trading to identify opportunities
- Proactively present clients with present opportunities while providing exceptional service
- Proactively identify operational risks/control deficiencies in the business
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree
- 3-5 years of experience in either: liability management, debt capital markets, leverage finance, equity linked capital markets or high yield capital markets in the US or Europe at a major financial institution
- Series 7, 63 & 79
- Knowledge of all aspects of the execution process
- Knowledge of financial excel modelling
- Experience with Bloomberg terminal
- Master's degree
- Experience in liability management
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
City: New York
Work Hours/Week: 40+
Work Environment: Trading Floor
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salaried
Required Travel (%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 10/31/2016
Req ID: 119963
Posting Notes: None