Associate Director, Market Risk RWA
What is the opportunity?
In your role as part of the Market and Tradiing Credit Risk Group, you will be integral in the design and implementation of risk methodologies to fulfil regulatory requirements in the US and for USA Holdco, its subsidiaries, and the combined US operations of RBC. Specifically, you will design and implement methodologies related to the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review(CCAR) for USA Holdco and the analysis and documentation of these methodologies related to external vendor models for CCAR.
We are a team that prides itself on high quality work with significant impact across the bank and continuous interaction with other groups, senior management and regulators.
What will you do?
- Lead the methodology development, analysis and documentation for CCAR related requirements specifically related to market risk RWA projections
- Participate in the methodology development and implementation for CCAR related requirements, including but not limited to market risk RWA, IDR projection, stress loss projections(non-trading book securities), CCR/CVA capital calculation and CCR exposure
- Contribute to the annual CCAR submission/reporting
- Help to ensure emerging risks are identified and highlighted in the proper forum, eg senior methodology governance committee
- Participate in the formulation of remeditation and implementation plans with respect to the Feds matters requiring attention(MRAs)
What do you need to succeed?
- At least three years of risk management experience obtained in a financial institution or other comparable environment
- PhD or Master degree in Economics, Finance, or Applied Science
- Good programming skills in VBA or Matlab
- Knowledge of CCAR and DFAST a plus
- In-depth knowledge of macroeconomics, statistics and finance;
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- We are a team that prides itself for high quality work with significant impact across the bank and continuous interaction with other groups, senior management and regulators
- Given the nature of our work, the opportunity to learn, grow and expand your network is significant.
- Opportunity for interested individuals to work in other relevant areas; such as corporate, retail risk, and with operational stress testing models
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.
City: New York
Work Hours/Week: 40+
Work Environment: Regional Office
Employment Type: Regular - U.S.
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Required Travel: 0
People Manager: No
Job Posting End Date: 07/30/2016
Req ID: 110016
Posting Notes: SF:JB