CORPORATE ACCOUNTING COORDINATOR
Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Financial Reporting and Accounting, prepare and improve Yale-New Haven Health Services Corporation monthly financial statements and various management statistical reports. Prepare and analyze quarterly consolidated operating and cash flow financial statements for all related organizations. Improve customer relations with HSC departments and System hospitals through scheduled meetings. Assist with the review and establishment of financial systems for corporate acquisitions. Responsible for the day to day activities of the Senior Financial Analysts as well as the assignment of job duties and review of work output. Monitor day to day cash and investment management activities of YNHHSC as a corporate entity. Review all AICPA and FASB statements for corporate compliance and recommend changes. Promote corporate philosophy of improved customer relations.
- 1. Prepare, review and articulate the Yale-New Haven Health Services Corporation financial statements and various statistical reports. This includes the Cost Center Budget Report, Cash Flow Statements, Balance Sheet and other reports that are presented on a monthly and annual basis. Must be able to make sound financial decisions that are consistent with the underlying financial goals of the organization.
- 2. Position will determine the daily and monthly activities of the Senior Financial Analysts and will monitor and ensure all deadlines are satisfied. The person must be a team player and be able to guide staff through complex financial issues by displaying leadership and knowledge of the organization and have access to key departmental decision-makers in order to initiate resolutions.
- 3. Position is responsible for maintaining an accurate Fixed Asset Ledger and coordinating physical inventories of equipment when required. This process will be done by working with Fixed Asset analysts within the department to ensure timely and accurate reporting data is presented to the System entities and to resolve all discrepancies.
- 4. Other duties include initiating processes to improve the accounting and reporting of internal and external tax expenses and to produce monthly financial analysis for Senior Management to review. This is to be achieved by initiating greater interaction with our tax department and external auditors on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- 5. Other duties include managing and improving the year-end Agreed Upon Procedure process by initiating the accumulation of data throughout the year to ensure the most accurate and updated information is included in the final presentation.
- 6. Person must be highly motivated and be willing to lead staff through a lengthy year-end audit process by setting and meeting deadlines in conjunction with the annual client assist list provided by the external auditors.
- 7. Position must manage the establishment/review of accounting systems for corporate acquisitions to include general ledger reporting requirements, insurance, banking and investment management, standardization of reporting formats and federal and state requirements as necessary.
- 8. Provide and/or coordinate general accounting services as required for related organizations. Promote the corporate philosophy of improved customer relations through greater interaction with department heads. Monthly and quarterly meetings will be held in order to review financials and to research all discrepancies and issues.
- 9. Coordinate a monthly financial close process that integrates the monthly close schedule at Y-NHH in order to more accurately report the monthly financials in conjunction with Y-NHH financial reporting. Monthly close process includes preparing and reviewing monthly journal entries from the HSC Financial Analysts and reconciling all System cross-charges through the inter-company account. This will include streamlining financial duties in order to utilize personnel resources more efficiently and to work towards reducing the number of days to close the monthly financials.
- 10. Coordinate monthly and quarterly meetings with members of the Finance staff at Bridgeport and Greenwich Hospital to review and discuss monthly and quarterly financials as they relate to inter-company cross-charges from Yale-New Haven Health Services Corporation.
- 11. Initiate quarterly meetings with external auditors to review all billing issues pertaining to annual Fee Schedules. This will include preparing monthly analysis schedules to be included with the monthly HSC financial reporting package.
- 12. Maintain monthly scorecarding process to track and monitor all relevant reporting and customer service changes and improvements within the Finance area.
- 13. Work toward preparing easily understood shared project schedules to be shared with System hospitals and to be included with the monthly financial reporting package.
- 14. Act as financial liaison with staff from the Budget and Finance department to coordinate the fiscal year budget as it relates to the HSC monthly financial process. This includes having access to all signed agreements, cross-charge data and all pertinent financial documents.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related financial analysis discipline.
Minimum of five (5) years' experience in a variety of progressively responsible accounting activities in a health care environment, including general accounting, financial statement preparation and accounts payable systems. CPA certificate a plus.
Ability to effectively coordinate, motivate, and develop staff. This position will coordinate activities and resources required in meeting tasks and objectives between multiple entities who have significant autonomous decision-making authority and the ability to effectively coordinate these resources is necessary to achieve deliverables. Effective written, listening and oral communication skills are required. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, problem solving and time management skills, and communication skills required. Strong personal computer background. Ability to research and interpret accounting and health care industry standards. Ability to work under broad directions; ability to motivate and lead. Values and treats others with respect, fairness and courtesy; values the ideas of others and capitalizes upon individual differences to create a work environment that better represents the goals, standards, and objectives of the department.
Yale New Haven Health System, through its Yale New Haven, Bridgeport, Greenwich and Northeast Medical Group Delivery Networks, provides comprehensive, cost-effective, advanced patient care characterized by safety and clinical and service quality.
Yale New Haven Health System, in affiliation with Yale School of Medicine and other universities and colleges, educates health professionals and advances clinical care.
In all of its work, YNHHS is committed to the communities it has the privilege of serving.