Senior Scientist, Process Research
Description:Description\:Design and execute independent research that supports R&D projects. The Senior Scientist is primarily responsible for performing and managing scientific and technical activities, which may also include responsibility for the management of scientific staff. As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees. Duties & Responsibilities\:
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States Must be willing to submit to a background investigation, including verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background Must be 18 years of age or olderOur Culture\:Boehringer Ingelheim is a different kind of pharmaceutical company, a privately held company with the ability to have an innovative and long term view. Our focus is on scientific discoveries that improve patients' lives and we equate success as a pharmaceutical company with the steady introduction of truly innovative medicines. Boehringer Ingelheim is the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world's 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations. At Boehringer Ingelheim, we are committed to delivering value through innovation. Employees are challenged to take initiative and achieve outstanding results. Ultimately, our culture and drive allows us to maintain one of the highest levels of excellence in our industry. Boehringer Ingelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Inc., Roxane Laboratories Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim Chemicals, Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica Inc. and Ben Venue Laboratories Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Boehringer Ingelheim is firmly committed to ensuring a safe, healthy, productive and efficient work environment for our employees, partners and customers.
- Independently propose, direct and perform scientific experiments with a predefined project goal including developing new methodologies, protocols and procedures; Keep abreast of relevant literature and maintain a high level of expertise in own field; Protect intellectual properties through new patent applications
- Develop an understanding of R&D team goals and work effectively toward achieving them in a multidisciplinary team environment; Either assumes departmental responsibility for projects when assigned or demonstrate leadership initiative in technical expertise areas to advance projects towards key milestones, as per requirement
- Acquire knowledge of and assist in implementing new technologies; Ensure integration of new technologies and department initiatives into daily work to enhance productivity
- Effectively communicate own and/or team's work and deliver project updates to senior level management clearly in oral and written forms in the context of project goals
- Responsible for lab/group operation including coaching, mentoring, training, supervising and developing staff when assigned; Participate in recruiting when needed
- Develop and maintain visibility through presentations and publications; Take the lead in publications and patents when needed
- Contribute to departmental administration when needed; Demonstrate fiscal responsibility with respect to cost of experiments, technologies, external collaborations, and travel
- Comply with all regulations and policies; Perform all work in a safe manner; Maintain proper records (notebooks, batch sheets, etc.) per relevant SOPs.
- Ph.D. Degree or equivalent (e.g. Master's Degree with 10+ years of experience) in organic chemistry
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of organic chemistry and the ability to independently design and optimize organic reactions, and ability to evaluate and interpret data
- Ability to communicate effectively both in verbal and written forms in inter-disciplinary environments
- Must be able to work in a team environment, provide training and guidance to laboratory personnel