Painter - Atria Rye Brook
Overview: Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 180 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 13,500 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world. To learn more about Atria, or to find an Atria community near you, please visit . Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-free work environment. Responsibilities:
- Paints surfaces, using brushes or paint rollers.
- Smooth surfaces using sandpaper, brushes, or steel wool.
- Remove old paint from surfaces using paint remover, scraper, and wire brush to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Fill nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other filler using caulking gun and putty knife.
- Remove fixtures, such as pictures, door knobs, switch/outlet covers, fire alarm covers, etc from walls prior to painting.
- Spread drop cloths over floors, room furnishings, and covers surfaces with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting. Use a ladder to perform tasks above ground level.
- Wash surfaces prior to painting with mildew remover as needed.
- May be assigned to wear a respirator.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum high school graduate.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Able to estimate materials and time required to complete various tasks.
- Able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License and an excellent driving record.
- Excellent work history and attendance record.
- Considerable knowledge of standard power tools and equipment used in painting activities; able to use and operate hand and power tools as needed in a safe, efficient manner.
- Working knowledge of safety standards/precautions pertaining to painting and ability to read and follow MSDS recommendations and requirements.
- Able to bend/stoop/reache and lift/carry heavy objects weighing up to 100 pounds; twists torso 45 0 to 90 0 to perform essential functions.