PHOTO ID SPECIALIST
It is the Photo ID Specialists primary job (including but not limited to) operate the photo ID office and it's equipment in a smooth, efficient, and courteous manner. Maintain the Photo ID system(s), badge printers, files, change film and laminate as needed to produce high quality employee, vendor, and approved visitor badges. The Photo ID Secretary will work with Human Resources, Yale University, Recruitment and Staffing, or other department to gather and enter employee or new hire data as needed to efficiently provide badges to the orientation team for single day orientation. The Photo ID Secretary shall perform inventory of supply monthly or as needed to maintain proper supply levels. This position also orders supplies as needed from various suppliers, keeps office in a clean and uncluttered fashion, and delivers badge product to departments when required. The photo ID secretary may have other technical and or secretarial duties such as HUGS infant protection employee data entry, filing, inventory, report data entry, or other as duties as determined by the Physical Security Manager or as needed by the Department of Protective Services. The Photo ID Office shall be operated to the I am Yale New Haven Standard of always presenting a great first impression.
- 1. Including but not limited to; Operates Photo Identification Office (to the ""I am Yale New Haven"" Standard of always making a great first impression) and to efficiently and courteously produce YNHH Hospital employee, physician, approved vendor (& visitors) Badges as needed to meet Photo Identification requirements of this Organization. Answers the phone within a few rings. Prints or reprints badges as needed. Programs required access to badge profiles and other Photo ID duties as needed as observed by the Physical Security Manager.
- 1.1 Operates the Photo ID System and badge printers during all designated and posted hours, as observed by the Physical Security Manager, with no variations.
- 2. Performs a variety of secretarial and support duties to ensure the effective and efficient flow of miscellaneous access (& other) assignments are completed for the overall efficiency of the Department. as pertains to the Department or Protective Services and YNHH Business Plan
- 2.1 When requested types incident reports and patient restraints on computer and prepares for distribution within 48 hours of date written, with no more than 2 errors per report, as observed by the supervisor.
- 3. Works with Human Resources and Recruitment and Staffing to update and enter personnel records into Access Control System for appropriate employee access throughout the facility or other YNHH sites as directed by the Physical Security Manager
- 3.1 Process last minute and routine HR hires as needed
High school graduate with supplemental secretarial training. Technical Computer database management training also acceptable.
Two (2) to three (3) years experience with secretarial and or Photo Identification related responsibilities. Computer literacy required. Demonstrated ability to use word processing, electronic spreadsheets and data base management software packages.
High level customer service skills and must. Ability to work well with others. Demonstrated ability to work accurately under pressure.
Extended sitting and viewing of computer screens. Must clear a criminal history background check.
Yale New Haven Hospital is a destination hospital for patients from around the corner, around the country, and around the world. As a Magnet-recognized*, tertiary medical center, with 1,500+ beds, we are the 4th largest hospital in the country, with two acute care campuses and three emergency departments, including a Level I trauma center. We're ranked as one of "America's Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & World Report, which is a testament to the unrivaled expertise, compassion and character of our staff, and as the primary teaching facility for Yale Schools of Medicine and Nursing, we are nationally recognized for our commitment to teaching and clinical research.
Located on the Connecticut shoreline, Yale New Haven Hospital includes Smilow Cancer Hospital at Yale New Haven, Yale New Haven Children's Hospital and Yale New Haven Psychiatric Hospital.
*Yale New Haven Hospital's York Street campus and associated ambulatory sites are Magnet-designated by the ANCC.