Performs a variety of specialized legal secretarial and administrative duties, including technical and secretarial assistance to ensure that the goals and objectives of the department will be met in an efficient and customer-focused manner as they relate to the corporation's mission and the department's needs.
- 1. Performs administrative and secretarial support of legal functions.
- 1.1 Compiles, assimilates and prepares confidential and sensitive documents.
- 2. Responsible for ensuring the accuracy, timeliness and coordination of meeting schedule and calendar for legal staff as assigned, and provides administrative support as required for meetings including, but not limited to, speaker phone, projector, computer, conference call number, etc.
- 3. Processes regulatory and legal reports as assigned.
- 3.1 Process patient probate documents and hearing notification.
- 4. Establishes and maintains accuracy of department logs and databases as assigned.
- 5. Front desk duties as assigned.
- 6. All administrative support as requested and as back up to other administrative staff in the department.
High school graduate supplemented with legal secretarial training.
Three (3) to five (5) years legal secretarial experience. Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Excellent communications, interpersonal, coordinative, and organizational skills. Good word-processing/keyboarding (40-50 wpm) skills and ability to perform independently. In depth knowledge of word processing, excel and powerpoint.
Yale New Haven Health System, through its Yale New Haven, Bridgeport, Greenwich and Northeast Medical Group Delivery Networks, provides comprehensive, cost-effective, advanced patient care characterized by safety and clinical and service quality.
Yale New Haven Health System, in affiliation with Yale School of Medicine and other universities and colleges, educates health professionals and advances clinical care.
In all of its work, YNHHS is committed to the communities it has the privilege of serving.