Wellness Center Associate
New Canaan YMCA Wellness Center Associate needed - Part-Time Staff needed to work in Wellness Center. The position involves, greeting and engaging with members and aiding and assisting them by providing basic exercise guidance and assistance. Other tasks involve basic cleaning equipment and maintaining a neat and clean workout environment. Must be First Aid/CPR/AED certified. An interest in living a Healthy Lifestyle, Wellness, Exercise, and helping others required. Health Wellness certification candidates preferred. Position does require some light to medium lifting, picking up weight plates, dumbbells etc.. Early AM, weekend and evening shift are available asap.
- Under the direction of the Director of Healthy Living, the Wellness Center associate will be part of the support staff that is responsible for meeting the needs of the membership.
- This is to be accomplished by maintaining an organized, clean facility, and providing exercise leadership and instruction when needed.
- Must have good human relation skills to facilitate positive relationships with members and other staff.?
- Must possess skills and knowledge or have the capability and the willingness to learn the skills necessary to provide exercise leadership and instruction in the Wellness Center.
- Must be certified in First Aid/Adult C.P.R./AED by start date and maintain that certification for the duration of employment.
- Must get YMCA Healthy Lifestyles Principles certification within the first three months of employment.
- PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES:
- Maintain a professional attitude at all times during your employment at the New Canaan YMCA.?
- Arrive on time and ready to work for your shift.?
- Greet every member cheerfully, acknowledge and interact with every member during your shift.?
- Assist participants while they are using the facilities and circulate among the members every 10-15 minutes.
- Perform basic Equipment orientations and answer questions within your scope of practice as outlined by the
- Orientation protocol and Healthy Living Principles training.?
- This position does require medium work, exerting up to 60 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently.
- The demands of this job do require a person to occasionally lift weights, dumbbells etc... of floor, push/pull benches into place, kneel or crouch while cleaning equipment, and be physically active while demonstrating and assisting members with their workouts.?
- Maintain a neat and clean Wellness Center by performing all outlined cleaning duties and addressing any areas that need immediate attention.
- Wear your staff shirt and pin, appropriate workout pants or shorts, and sneakers at all times during your shift.
- Notify proper personnel of any problems that arise.?
- Do not workout during your shift.
- Do not leave the facility unattended during your shift with the exceptions of performing laundry, cleaning, or number tallying tasks s room.
- Cooperate with fellow staff members in an effort to build a team atmosphere. For example: being available to substitute when possible, conveying pertinent information to your supervisor, and doing your part to
- maintaining the cleanliness of the facility.?
- Obtain your own substitute in the event you cannot make your shift (you will be allotted 2 unexcused absences for emergencies, where your supervisor will secure a substitute for you).
- Give a minimum of two weeks notice to terminate employment.?
- Wage is a private matter. Maintain a professional attitude and do not discuss with peers.?
- Attend a minimum 2 of the yearly staff meetings. Make arrangements with the supervisor to review any material you may have missed from an unattended staff meeting.
- Attend a minimum of 2 in house training sessions offered by the New Canaan YMCA (C.P.R. and First Aid reviews a remandatory and countas one training session).
- Incorporate the YMCA mission,To put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy as you carry out your responsibilities.
- Position does require some medium lifting, Perform other duties as designated by the supervisor.?
- Job Description may be changed at any time by supervisor.
EFFECT ON END RESULT
The Wellness Associate will ensure that every member has a positive Spirit, Mind, and Body Experience while using the Wellness Center. The Associate will give proper instruction on exercise to members and interact and provide encouragement to every member during their shift
The New Canaan YMCA is a 501(c)(c3) not-for-profit organization whose mission is to enrich all people in spirit, mind, and body. Our YMCA is committed to providing programs and services that promote youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility among our members and the community.
YMCA programs and services continually respond to the needs of the unique communities they serve. In addition to wellness and aquatic programs, our Y provides full-day and afterschool childcare to working families, nursery school, summer camp, recreational sports programs, recreational and leadership programs to teens, and specialized and inclusive programs to the special needs community.