PATIENT SVC ASSOC II
The Patient Service Associate serves to coordinate patient care and physician activity by greeting all patients/visitors, answering telephone calls, scheduling appointments, maintaining patient medical records. The position requires an individual with knowledge of front desk medical office operations. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Maintain appointment schedule template (alterations, deletions, additions).
- 1.1 Responsible for communicating schedule changes to the appropriate staff members and physicians/providers.
- 2. Coordinate the ongoing operation of the check-in process and front desk to ensure that quality services provided are cost effective and efficient.
- 2.1 Receive patient at arrival and verify and obtain all necessary information and signatures in accordance with NEMG policies and procedures
- 3. Answer telephone calls to office, assists callers in a pleasant manner, takes accurate and complete messages and refer callers to appropriate personnel when necessary.
- 3.1 Maintain proper telephone etiquette when speaking with patients/companies and healthcare team.
- 4. When necessary, executes all necessary pre-authorizations as required by insurance companies for upcoming diagnostic tests and procedures.
- 4.1 Track referrals coming into the practice.
- 5. Maintain electronic medical records and/or paper medical charts in accordance with NEMG policies and procedures.
- 6. Responsible for daily activities including but not limited to message retrieval from answering service, voicemail, retrieval and distribution of faxes, filing, photocopying, opening and sorting mail.
- 6.1 Forwards phones to answering service and notifies answering service about the physicians on-call status.
- 7. Collect and reconcile co-pay collections/cash drawers (cash, checks, credit card payments) within Epic in accordance with NEMG policy and procedures.
- 8. Collaborate in the development of and contributes to individual team, and department quality improvement and evaluation activities.
- 8.1 Attend and actively participate in staff meetings
- 9. Utilize appropriate methods for interacting effectively and professionally with persons of all ages and from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, educational, racial and ethnic backgrounds, sexual orientations, lifestyles and physical abilities.
- 9.1 Coordinate efforts to gain patient and family feedback regarding their experiences of healthcare (focus groups, surveys and other means) and participate in interventions which address articulated needs.
- 10. Performs all other related/additional tasks as requested by physicians and/or management.
- 10.1 Provide cross coverage as needed
High School degree or equivalent required.
Minimum of 1-2 years applicable work experience in a primary care or specialist office or hospital setting required.
Excellent, organizational, communication, customer service and teamwork skills required.
Ability to multi-task is essential.
EMR experience preferred and working knowledge of Microsoft office applications required.
Core philosophy or values consistent with a patient-centered approach to care.
Demonstrates professional, appropriate, effective and tactful written, verbal and nonverbal communication with patients, families, medical staff, colleagues, vendors, and other departments throughout the continuum of care to promote continuity of care and services and enhance clinical image.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids.
Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged.
Northeast Medical Group is a leader in health care, dedicated to providing comprehensive, cost-effective, advanced patient care characterized by safety and clinical excellence to the communities it is our privilege to serve. As part of Yale New Haven Health, we are committed to innovation and excellence in patient care, teaching, research and service to our communities, and we are focused on providing excellent medical care that is compassionate and sensitive to our patients' needs.
Our culture is what defines us and fuels our accomplishments. It is a mutual expectation that together we will do great things and is what attracts professionals from every part of the world to our organization. This culture is one of the reasons why Northeast Medical Group has been able to build a reputation for excellence in patient care and outstanding medical services.