Home Care C.N.A. (Full-time 40hrs.)
For over 40 years, Jewish Senior Services has been a leader and trusted provider of skilled nursing and senior care services.
Through the years, the needs of seniors and the community have changed and we have responded by introducing community programs with “Jewish Senior Services” as the umbrella for our services. Our vision is to be the premier provider to support individuals and families.
Under the clinical direction of the Nurse Case Manager and administrative direction of Coordinator, Home Care, provide direct patient care services as outlined in essential job function. Required to lift, transfer, and transport adult clients. Provide personal care to clients and keep records of personal health care activities as defined by regulatory requirements.
1. Provides direct patient care services as outlined within the essential duties.
2. Required to lift, transfer, and transport adult clients.
3. Provide personal care to clients and keeps record on personal health care activities as defined within the respective regulatory environment.
4. Requires working some flexible hours.
Essential Job Functions
1. Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
2. Performs personal care duties to assist patients including: Personal hygiene, Ambulation, Meal preparation and eating, Dressing, Shaving, Toileting and incontinent care.
3. Performs duties as listed on the care plan and oriented and educated by the nurse. These may include:
Shampooing, Assist with the use of devices required for daily living such as a wheelchair, walker, crutches or cane, mechanical lift, with on-site orientation by a nurse for each patient with a mechanical lift
4. Assist with prescribed range of motion exercises under the supervision of the case manager.
5. As assigned, prepares special diets. Record intake and output. Encourages and offers fluids to provide adequate oral intake.
6. Records all personal care and therapeutic activities.
7. Reports any observed and behavioral changes in the client and reports to the Case Manager.
8. Follows infection control standard precautions and safety policies per agency, state and federal regulations. Uses personal protective equipment as required.
9. Maintains a clean and neat environment for the client.
10. Assists the client to meet socialization needs and maintains a dignified quality of life for the client.
11. According to state and federal regulations handles clean, soiled and contaminated linens as instructed and properly dispose of waste material.
12. Completes activity sheets and time slips in accordance with agency policy.
13. Responds quickly and courteously to requests of the client.
14. Maintains confidentiality of client information.
15. As instructed per the plan of care medication reminders.
16. Record temperature, pulse, respirations and weight, and communicates changes to Nurse Case Manager.
17. Report all accidents and injuries to the Jewish Home Care Agency.
18. Utilizes effective written/verbal communication in English.
19. Follows established guidelines of communication and authority.
20. Required to travel to cases as requested by organization.
21. Maintain accurate timecards by clocking in and out of shifts though live call-in, automated call-in, or time clock as directed by supervisor.
22. If no case work is available in the field, report to office to complete shift.
23. Other related duties as assigned.
Education High School Diploma or GED
Experience One plus years of experience in a health care setting preferred
Licensure Valid Motor Vehicle Driver’s License
H.H.A: Employed as a nurse’s aide within the past twenty-four (24) months; or
Must achieve a passing score on the test administered per agency policies
C.N.A.: Nurse Aide Registration as required by State of Connecticut regulations.