Maintenance Manager-YoCrunch (Naugatuck, CT, US)
The Yofarm Company Inc, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for a Maintenance Manager-YoCrunch in the United States (US) for their Naugatuck, Connecticut manufacturing facility.
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis.
For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
The Maintenance Manager for the YoCrunch manufacturing plants will be responsible for overseeing and directing the plant maintenance functions including the maintenance of all production and non-production related equipment and systems as well as the facilities. He/She shall ensure successful compliance of this responsibility by designing, developing, and implementing maintenance programs, methods, establishing priorities and supervising personnel. He/She will be responsible for the management of all personnel involved in maintenance. The Maintenance Manager oversees maintenance technicians in two separate plant locations and coordinates activities and schedules in each.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Establishing an efficient maintenance organization by assigning responsibilities, delegating authority, recruiting, and selecting, orienting and training employees.
* Establishing goals and expectations for the maintenance team.
* Participating in the development and justification of capital improvement budgets and programs.
* Ensuring that a safe and clean working environment is maintained by overseeing the maintenance team's enforcement of all applicable procedures, GMP, OSHA and Company rules and regulations
* Resolution of maintenance and personnel problems to ensure minimum production costs and prevent operational delays.
* Scheduling of all maintenance activities and employees, monitoring work in progress, resolving problems and revising schedules as necessary.
* Developing, or revising where necessary, standard operational procedures and ensuring the maintenance team's compliance with and implementation of these standards.
* Developing and implementing preventative maintenance programs and schedules for all equipment, systems and facility utilizing vendor recommendations, appropriate manuals.
* Minimizing downtime by informing production supervisors of routine preventive maintenance techniques, proper settings and operating procedures of equipment and systems.
* Maintaining of equipment parts and supplies inventories, anticipating needed equipment, parts and supplies and placing and expediting orders.
* Responding to maintenance questions and requests by providing information and recommendations.
* Preparing mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
* Maintaining current technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications and establishing professional networks.
* Resolving worker's unsettled grievances that are submitted by the Production Manager or other supervisory staff.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
* Bachelor degree
* Minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience managing a team in a manufacturing setting
* Proven ability to develop and drive a strategic plan with accomplished results
* Strong, relevant technical acumen and analytical skills
* Cost and resource management experience
* Demonstrate ability to lead, develop, train and retain people
* Change management experience
* Experience leading a technical functional area within a manufacturing environment
* Proven ability to develop strong inter-departmental relationships
* Understanding of Six Sigma and TPM
* Strong communication skills (visual, verbal, written)
* Strong computer skills (MS Office, and PM systems)
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. We have something special inside, do you?
68624.Experience: Experienced professionals #LI-NORAM
In 1985, we started YoFarm Yogurt Company with the goal of creating a healthy snack by pairing the smoothest European yogurt recipes with New England's farm-fresh dairy products.
Our fans went wild for the smooth, creamy, fruit-filled YoFarm yogurt, but we wanted to make it even better. Later, with a few years of experiments and research behind us, we realized that creamy yogurt and crunchy granola made the perfect combination. This discovery brought about a belief that no yogurt is complete without a tasty topping to give it a satisfying crunch???and YoCrunch was born.
We knew our quality yogurts needed fun and flavorful toppings that families across the country already love, so we reached out to our friends at M&M'S??, Nestle??, Reese's?? Pieces??, OREO??, Butterfinger??, Chips Ahoy!??,Dove??, ,ZONE??, Kellogg's?? and of course our favorite granola bakers. These partners have aided YoCrunch in our mission to offer an amazing yogurt experience that you and your family can enjoy anytime and anyplace.
Our mission will always be to offer an amazing yogurt experience that you and your family can enjoy any time and any place.
YoCrunch is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.