Inside Sales Manager
Ulbrich Stainless Steels & Special Metals, Inc. is a high-precision, value added processor of Stainless Steels, Nickel Alloys, Titanium Alloys, Cobalt Alloys, Niobium, Tantalum, Nitinol for a wide range of difficult-to-manufacture, niche-market applications such as aerospace jet engine seals, nuclear reactor fuel cages, heart pacemaker containers, PV ribbon, computer chip substrate, chemical processing tower components, automotive airbag burst disks, automotive oxygen sensors, medical catheters, and cell phone key pads.
The material is made in the forms of precision strip and Ultralite foil, shaped (profile) wire, and precision flat wire in micro dimensions. This company was established in 1924, is a Connecticut company, and is privately held. It has 9 wholly owned subsidiaries located in the US, Mexico, Canada, and Austria employ over 700 people worldwide. The Corporate Headquarters and principal technology center is located in Connecticut. Our continued growth and expansion translates into career opportunities in many areas and locations. We are on the cutting edge of many new technologies and product applications and our future is an exciting one.Come grow with us and be part of our promising future!
Ulbrich Stainless Steels & Special Metals, Inc., seeks an experienced Inside Sales Manager who is a results-oriented sales professional with excellent leadership, communication, customer service, negotiation, organizational and interpersonal managing skills. The Inside Sales Manager will direct the activities of the inside sales team to achieve corporate and departmental goals and objectives.
- Supervise staff and activities of the inside sales department to ensure that monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals are achieved;
- Motivate and engage members of the inside sales team to facilitate sales growth and excellent customer service;
- Partner with all departments to ensure customer requirements and expectations are met;
- Along with appropriate manufacturing members, proactively convey order status to customers and outside sales;
- Conduct order entry review and management on a regular basis;
- Manage sensitive customer issues directly as required;
- Ensure that Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software is effectively utilized and that metrics are being met by all team members;
- Provide appropriate oversight with backlog management, pre and post costs, pricing of large quotation packages, sales offers, and quote reviews;
- Champion lean initiatives and encourage staff to seek ways to continuously improve;
- Oversee the administration of the Recognition Awards Program and ensure program effectiveness;
- Develop and report measurements for write-ups, pounds, complaints, avg. selling price for alloy groups, number of quotes, number of customer call-outs and other appropriate categories;
- Corrective action owner for sales group and manage compliant system for sales categories;
- Provide necessary training and instruction to staff members and conduct sales meetings as necessary;
- Develop effective relationships with top tier and other accounts;
- Conduct annual performance reviews and participate in career planning for staff; and
- Visit customer locations as necessary.
A Bachelor's Degree in Business (or a related field) plus a minimum of five years sales management experience preferred. At least three years of sales experience in a manufacturing environment. A solid working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software, and proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and Power Point (Intermediate-level user).
This position offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits program along with the opportunity to expand skills within a company that offers a diverse workforce and a welcoming company culture.
Ulbrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer