Residential Case Manager
Family & Children’s Agency (FCA) is a leading, nonprofit human service organization committed to building better lives by increasing the social and emotional wellbeing of our clients. We provide strength based solution focused services that meet the needs of our clients throughout the life cycle including children, families, youth, adults and seniors. Our acquired knowledge and skill has also enabled us to be responsive to the changing needs in the communities we serve.
Our Mission is to partner with individuals, families, organizations and communities to build better lives.
We are searching for a Residential Case Manager to join our Next Steps Supportive Housing Program:
The function of the Next Steps Supportive Housing Program is to assist individuals with multiple barriers to housing access and maintain safe, decent, and affordable housing. The program will serve to assist individuals who have experienced chronic homelessness and in addition have a mental health and/or a substance abuse disorder with accessing the necessary resources to ensure maintenance of housing and increase skills leading to increased self-sufficiency.
The Case Manger will assist formerly homeless individuals in identifying and securing decent, safe, and affordable housing. Once individuals are housed it is the Case Manager’s primary responsibility to assist the tenant with maintenance of their housing. The Case Manager will work to link tenants to community resources that can assist in removing any existing barriers to housing maintenance, in addition, the Case Manager will provide hands on assistance with budgeting, meeting the basic requirements of tenancy and serve to facilitate communications between landlord and tenant when necessary. The Case Manager will also be responsible for assisting tenants in goal achievement and in attaining the maximum level of self-sufficiency. The Case Manager will focus on the strengths of each individual tenant to increase feelings of self efficacy and to assist tenants on the path to independence.
- Serve as the liaison between the Danbury Housing Authority and the Next Steps Program.
- Assist tenants throughout the housing process from the attainment of certificate to lease up.
- Ensure tenant comprehends all terms of the lease and that lease abides by all CT Fair Housing laws.
- Ensure that tenant’s apartment meets standard health codes and ensure that appropriate interventions take place to bring apartment into compliance either on behalf of the landlord or the tenant.
- Complete assessment and individualized service plan within four meetings with client.
- Implement, monitor, facilitate and document specific services and outcomes as outlined on the service plan.
- Coordinate, link and refer clients to resources that will assist in the alleviation of issues interfering with meeting the basic requirements of tenancy.
- Perform crisis intervention in the event of a psychiatric or medical emergency.
- Assist eligible clients in the attainment of benefits, working closely with DSS or SSA to facilitate the application process.
- Arrange and/or provide transportation and support for clients to and from appointments as appropriate.
- Maintain organized case files with complete and up to date forms and progress notes.
- Facilitate a bi-weekly group for tenants that will serve to reduce isolation and promote community.
- Attend at least 3 DMHAS Supportive Housing Trainings per year.
- Prepare for and participate in weekly supervision with manager.
- Enter and maintain client data in HMIS and DPAS databases.
- Encourage and facilitate the referral of tenants to Employment Options program to enhance vocational and educational skills.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- BA in related field preferred, however, extensive experience in the field and in housing can be substituted.
- Must have experience working with the homeless population and individuals experiencing mental health and/or substance abuse disorders.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid Driver’s License.
We are proud to have been named as the #1 Medium Sized Workplace in Southern Connecticut by Hearst Media in 2016. We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits.
Candidates may apply by visiting the employment section of our website. Please be prepared with your cover letter and resume when you begin the application process. http://www.familyandchildrensagency.org/employment/