Clinician, Family and Community Ties
Family & Children’s Agency (FCA) is a leading, nonprofit human service organization committed to building better lives by increasing the social and emotional wellbeing of our clients. We provide strength based solution focused services that meet the needs of our clients throughout the life cycle including children, families, youth, adults and seniors. Our acquired knowledge and skill has also enabled us to be responsive to the changing needs in the communities we serve.
Our Mission is to partner with individuals, families, organizations and communities to build better lives.
We are searching for a Clinician to join our Family and Community Ties Program:
The Family and Community Ties Foster Care Program is for children who are experiencing extreme behavioral or emotional problems. The program provides alternatives to, and transitions from, residential placements. Through high quality intensive clinical services, the program provides support and structure to youths with complex needs, to their foster families and to biological families. The children remain in the program for up to eighteen months. A unique aspect of the program is that foster parents serve as full members of the treatment team and will, thus, complete training that far exceeds the requirements of Therapeutic or Medically Complex foster care programs. The program combines a “wrap-around” approach to service delivery with professional parenting.
The Clinician will provide all clinical therapy services, facilitate treatment planning, lead crisis plan development, and cover on-call responsibilities in the Family and Community Ties Foster Care Program. In addition to this, the clinician will provide in-home intensive treatment services to families in the program including crisis intervention, parent guidance and education, brief psychotherapy, concrete services, advocacy and linkage to other services. Moreover, the clinician will assume responsibility for coordinating the collaboration of all professionals involved with the child and the family and will be responsible for assessment, treatment planning and maintaining case records and summaries.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in weekly clinical supervision and Peer Supervision meeting and case meeting.
- Work non-traditional and flexible hours to accommodate the needs of the youth and families in this program.
- Assist in matching and placement of children in foster family homes.
- Provide minimum bi-weekly visits with child and foster family.
- Provide a variety of services and interventions needed to stabilize and maintain placements.
- Demonstrate appreciation of cultural diversity, heritage and knowledge of cultural issues and patterns.
- Network with DCF and community agencies.
- Assess clinical needs of children and families.
- Develop and update treatment plans for each child on a quarterly basis.
- Assist with reunification process as appropriate.
- Complete required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Must be able to work with diverse populations and be willing to provide home based services.
- Demonstrate maturity, professionalism and self-awareness, a non-judgmental attitude, the ability to deal with resistance and rejection, cultural competency and the ability to work independently and under challenging conditions.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be licensed or license eligible Masters level clinician with degree in Social work or other related field with experience in crisis intervention and children and adolescents with mental illness/emotional disturbance.
- Knowledge of the child welfare system
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Bi-lingual is not required but preferred
We are proud to have been named as the #1 Medium Sized Workplace in Southern Connecticut by Hearst Media in 2016. We offer a competitive compensation package with benefits.
External Candidates may apply by visiting the employment section of our website. Please be prepared with your cover letter and resume when you begin the application process. http://www.familyandchildrensagency.org/employment/