Advanced Analytics Analyst Senior-122130
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
This position may be located in Chicago, IL, or New York City, NY, preferred but will consider any Anthem location.
The Program Integrity Analytics team is seeking an experienced Advanced Analytics Analyst Senior to join our growing team. Our team employs advanced analytics to gain critical insights into member behavior drivers and preferences, product/program concepts and value propositions, operational effectiveness and efficiencies, and client specific health gaps and needs. We consult business leaders and internal partners to apply the insights to test and drive product innovation and enhancement, to target the right members for the right program, to measure program outcome and demonstrate value, to help win and retain clients, and to support information based strategic decision making.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
* provides analytical insights to support business solution development based on quality, use, cost and other key drivers;
* develops and refines analysis templates for problem diagnosis and opportunities assessment;
* consults on all considerations related to designing and executing tests or pilot programs;
* contributes to the design of new program/initiative based on test/pilot outcomes;
* develops targeting criteria or customer segmentation based on analytical insights, clinical inputs, product design and operations considerations;
* develops predictive models and other tools that help target the right members;
* develops methodology to measure clinical, utilization and financial outcomes of a program/initiative; conducts in-depth research to address challenging issues in measuring outcomes;
* leads applied research projects;
* authors white papers, presents at industry conferences and submits journal publications.
* Addresses limitation of certain data sources and evaluates incremental value of new data sources.
* Graduate-level degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Epidemiology, Engineering, Computer Science or Operations Research required; PhD preferred.
* 3-5 years' experience in related health care analytics; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
* Substantial analytical experience in healthcare industry.
* 3-5 years direct experience programming large, multi-source datasets with SAS or SQL required. Tableau preferred.
* Experience with relational databases, knowledge of query tools and statistical software required.
* Ability to manipulate large sets of data.
* Experience with health insurance fraud waste and abuse is preferred.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.
**Job** *Reporting & Data Analysis*
**Title:** *Advanced Analytics Analyst Senior-122130*
**Other Locations:** *NY-New York City, GA-Atlanta, MN-Minnetonka, VA-Norfolk, VA-Richmond, CT-Wallingford, OH-Mason*
**Requisition ID:** *122130* 91cace6a89e9da52beafe24f
We recently changed our name from WellPoint to Anthem, Inc., the name people know us by best. As our companies continue to take a more active role in helping people access the right health care and programs, going by a name that people know and trust is important.
Anthem, Inc. is one of the nation's leading health benefits insurer and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem, Inc., we are working to transform health care with trusted and caring solutions and meaningfully advance affordability and better health outcomes for our health plan members. Nearly 69 million people are served by our affiliated companies including more than 37 million enrolled in our family of health plans.
- One in nine Americans receives coverage for their medical care through Anthem's affiliated plans.
- We offer a broad range of medical and specialty products.
Bring your expertise to our innovative, achievement-driven culture, and you will discover lasting rewards and the opportunity to help drive the future of health care.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our co