JOB DESCRIPTION: Building and Land Technology is currently seeking a Senior Estimator. The Senior Estimator will be responsible for preparing complete, accurate estimates and budgets for all contract types (lump sum, time and material, etc.) for mid to high-rise residential or commercial office projects in Stamford, CT.
- Prepare detailed accurate material, labor, equipment, subcontracts, construction facilities, estimates, etc.
- Foster relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Attend on-site pre-bid/proposal conferences and site visits
- Develop and review subcontractor scopes of work and accept, review, and analyze subcontractor quotes for best value
- Prepare project bid status reports and ensure compliance with all specifications and contract Statements of Work and Bid Invitations.
- Present cost estimates to meet customer proposals, providing consideration for general and special conditions.
- Prepare scope specifications and requirements, prepare and inputs project schedules, perform quantity takeoffs, prepare cost summary sheets, and input quantities into estimating software
- Maintain an accurate, current database cost codes of accounts for historical data
- Utilize the appropriate company and industry historical data for pricing estimates
- 4 year degree in building construction, engineering, or construction related field.
- 7-10 years related estimating experience
- Advanced project estimator skills that include performing value engineering calculations, being conversant in engineering nomenclature to effectively communicate with Application Engineers, Product Managers, Project Managers, Engineering and vendors
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to read, understand and organize construction plans and specifications
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work well under pressure to meet established deadlines
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, Outlook) and database software