The Audiovisual Manager (AV Manager) supports the museum’s best-in-class educational and facility experiences. The AV Manager provides leadership and expertise in the strategic development and implementation of the museum’s audiovisual and multimedia experiences. The AV Manager manages audiovisual operations in the museum’s performance spaces (the Multimedia Gallery black box theater, Performance Gallery and outdoor Celebration Courtyard) ensuring that all experiences and spaces meet the evolving needs of visitors, staff members and event clients, to provide the highest level of visitor engagement, quality and customer service. The AV Manager oversees daily audiovisual experiences during museum hours including one weekend day and some evening programs and events.
- Manages the daily AV needs for the museum’s visitor experiences including the black box theater, Performance Gallery and Celebration Courtyard.
- Defines and implements best-in-class audiovisual technology strategies, policies and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, conducting research, identifying problems, evaluating trends and anticipating requirements.
- Provides forecasting of needs for financial expenditures of technology resources; prepares an annual budget; schedules expenditures; analyzes variance; initiates corrective action.
- Facilitates relevant technology training initiatives for staff members when needed.
- Facilitates pre-event audiovisual walkthroughs with clients, to ensure successful events.
Accountability and Ownership
- Oversees configuration, building, upgrading, repairing, configuring, troubleshooting, optimizing, diagnosing and conducting preventative maintenance for the museum’s performance spaces and select audiovisual exhibit components.
- Evaluates museum needs and system functionality and ensures that these needs are met.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies.
Teamwork and Collaboration
- Collaborates with Marketing and Sales team to build Events business and to provide superior service to prospective and existing clients.
- Works with Learning and Experience team members to support daily technical needs for museum operations and experiences.
- Works with Exhibits and Learning and Experience team members to lead the development and execution of engaging educational audiovisual-based experiences in the Multimedia Gallery.
- Works with key stakeholders, including Learning and Experience, Events, Development and Marketing to provide best-in-class audiovisual event services and staffing.
- Works with Manager of Information Technology to coordinate resources and expertise and streamline the museum’s technology services. Acts as liaison with external contractors and vendors ensuring that the museum’s audiovisual systems are working properly at all times. Manages relationships with outsourced technology vendors. Works with software manufacturers or third parties for advanced support as needed.
- Provides on call support after regular hours if needed.
- Manages crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
Stewardship and Customer Focus
- Acts as an Ambassador and actively shares information within area communities to raise awareness of the museum and to drive visitation.
- Proactively identifies, recruits and leverages expertise and resources to create win-win community partnerships.
Staff Development and Management (Applicable if position has reports)
- Works with Marketing, Events and Learning and Experience staff and managers to identify, train, evaluate, and manage AV staff members/interns to ensure efficient, productive and knowledgeable staff and teams.
- Completes the performance management process for direct reports and consistently meets all deadlines; creates individual professional development plans for all direct reports.
- Provides support and training to staff in the use of the museum’s performance spaces along with all of their many audiovisual components, as needed.
Required Education and/or Certification:
- College degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience in technology systems operations and decision-making, customer service environment; experience in educational program development, facilitation, theater management.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
- Scissor Lift certification (provided by museum).
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in technology, audiovisual systems.
- Event experience, ideally for corporate meetings, weddings, parties and galas
- Proven experience and skills with all or some of the following hardware and systems or comparable hardware/systems:
- LightJockey, Watchout, Medialon, DaVinciAudio systems, ChyTV system
- Video editing experience preferred.
- Proven ability to lead and supervise staff members.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; bilingual a plus; strong communications computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and macOS.
- Focus on consistently providing quality service to visitors, staff members and clients; strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with staff, visitors, volunteers and community partners.
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solving skills; proven ability to recommend and implement improvements and new initiatives.
- Sensitive to diversity including individuals with special needs.
- Position requires availability via cell phone both on-site and during non-core hours including evenings, weekends and holidays for urgent support and emergencies.
- Ability to lift and maneuver equipment, materials up to 10 – 50 pounds; operate and load/unload museum vehicles; kneel, walk and ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Willingness to operate scissor lift to adjust gallery lighting, maintain equipment.
Apply for Audiovisual Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly