Manager, Market Development
Priceline.com is seeking an ambitious, enthusiastic and results-oriented individual to assume the role of Manager, Market Development (MMD). The MMD will be responsible for aggressively growing Priceline's hotel supply, revenue and profitability for all Priceline.com programs in assigned small to medium-sized markets. Individual must be an organized, competitive, self-starter who is driven to succeed and can manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Develop new and manage existing supplier relationships in medium-sized markets and convincingly explain the strategic benefits of the Priceline programs (opaque, merchant and vacation packages) to grow bookings, revenues and gross profit in assigned markets.
- Work with existing hotels in your assigned region to ensure they offer competitive rates and availability on Priceline.com. Make recommendations to help hotels improve their performance.
- Seek out prospective hotel partners and educate them on the benefits of participating in the Priceline programs and negotiate contracts to on-board these hotels.
- Full accountability for the success of assigned markets while also having autonomy to manage all aspects of these markets including mapping, star-rating, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of market trends and key events in assigned region, and their impact on hotel availability
- Research and troubleshoot rate and availability issues preventing hotels from maximizing booking performance; e.g., problems with connectivity, rate mapping, extranet management, etc.
- Ensure hotels in assigned regions implement appropriate Priceline customer procedures
The below requirements are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Sales, account management or revenue management experience in the hospitality or travel industry is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience working independently and thriving in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Initiative and drive to overcome challenges and to identify and implement solutions
- Professional, "get it done" attitude and work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the demonstration of strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus